Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hide number of albums and items
10-07-2023, 00:13 (This post was last modified: 10-07-2023 00:18 by Mark_UK.)
Hide number of albums and items
By default at the top of the control point menu, Minimserver displays
<n> albums
<n> items
<n> Playlists

Is there anyway to either not display them are move them to the bottom of my menu
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2023, 09:00
RE: Hide number of albums and items
There isn't any way to change this.
31-07-2023, 17:12
Hm, really no way? I mean, if there are for example more than 20.000 items on the top level, you will never access this by items. Maybe items can be handled (in a future release) in the same way minimserver handels the listViewAlbums?
31-07-2023, 17:39
The items list is more useful at lower levels when you have already searched by artist, composer, etc. Also, you can group the items list alphabetically to make it more manageable. The items list is very useful when you have narrowed the selection to a point where you are ready to select items for playing.

At present, the top-level container is treated the same as lower-level containers. It would be possible to treat the top-level container differently but this would need careful consideration. Another possibility would be to provide a way to move the "n items" selection to a lower position in the list (for all containers).

I don't think you would want the items list to be treated like listViewAlbums. This goes immediately to an albums list after the first index selection. I don't think going immediately to an items list would be very useful.
31-07-2023, 18:08
Thank you for the explanation for the use of the item list.

Indeed going immediately to an albums list was not what I had in mind when posting the suggestion. I'm sorry for being imprecise. Showing the item list when there are less than N items and not showing it for lists with more than N item was my idea.
31-07-2023, 21:50
Thanks for clarifying. I would welcome comments from other users about how they use the "n items" list (if at all) and what options to move or hide this list would be useful.
29-08-2023, 19:46
I'm brand new to Minimserver and I honestly haven't found a use for the n/albums n/items list personally and would welcome a way to hide it at the top level to make the interface cleaner.
04-09-2023, 22:01
(31-07-2023 21:50)simoncn Wrote:  I would welcome comments from other users about how they use the "n items" list (if at all) and what options to move or hide this list would be useful.

I never use the "n items" list but and it would be a nice feature if it is made possible to hide this list.
05-09-2023, 19:58
Hmmm, I didn't like this feature too and removed it. I don't see it anymore at Bubble.
But please don' t ask me, how I did it ...

Here is my profile:

Quote:autoUpdate = true
displayName = Melco
indexTags = AlbumArtist, *RecentAdded, *RecentPlayed, Genre, Style
itemTags = Artist, AlbumArtistSort, ArtistSort, DISCNUMBER, TRACKNUMBER, Date, Album, Title, Comment
listViewAlbums = all
serverOptions = indexArtwork=folder
showExtras = False
startupScan = true
tagFormat = Title.displayFormat={$DISCNUMBER^^-^$TRACKNUMBER^^ ^$Title}, Comment.displayFormat={$*infoFileURI^<a href="^">Booklet</a>$comment}
tagOptions = Date.yearOnly.index.sort, Album.sortTags={-Date}
tagValue = Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}, AlbumArtist.value.sort={AlbumArtistSort}
.profileVersion = 2.2

Maybe Simon can help, which one has effect to the view...
05-09-2023, 20:22
I don't see anything here that would cause "n items" not to show at the top level.