Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Save recordings to external USB disk does not work for me
04-06-2023, 14:42
Save recordings to external USB disk does not work for me
I am running two instances of MinimServer on a RaspberryPi.

I often make recordings from web radios. They should not be stored on the system disk, but on the connected USB disk (NTFS formatted portable SSD). For this it is obviously necessary to save the logfile in a directory on this disk, whereupon the recordings should end up in a subdirectory there.

When I enter the appropriate path in the properties/system-tab, an empty logfile ([/media/pi/RasPi-Daten/Medien/Aufnahmen/Aufnahmen.log) is created on the USB disk.

But after a reboot I find in the first two lines in the logfile (on the system disk):
Quote:Unable to open log file: /media/pi/RasPi-Daten/Medien/Aufnahmen/Aufnahmen.log
Warning: Log file error: /media/pi/RasPi-Daten/Medien/Aufnahmen/Aufnahmen.log

The paths are correct. But the log file and the recordings are on the system disk.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2023, 10:08
RE: Save recordings to external USB disk does not work for me
It sounds like the USB disk is not available when MinimServer starts after a reboot. Because the log file path you have specified does not exist, MinimServer uses the default log file path instead.

For problems like this with accessing folders on mounted disks, the solution is usually to set the MinimServer delayStart property so that the required path is available when MinimServer tries to access it. Unfortunately this won't work for the logFile setting because this setting is processed very early during MinimServer startup before the delayStart setting is processed.

There is no simple solution for this problem. As a workaround, you could use the "mscript -c relaunch" command to relaunch MinimServer after the USB disk has been mounted. For information about mscript, see this page.
05-06-2023, 12:39
RE: Save recordings to external USB disk does not work for me
That did the trick.
Thank you so much for your excellent support!