Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.lrc file support
18-05-2023, 21:06
.lrc file support
Hello all,

Does Minimserver read .lrc lyric files? Is it planned for the future? So far I am quite happy with tag customizing abilities (booklets, tag concatenation, suffixes and prefixes) but it would very convenient to read anl lrc and transfer its contents to the LYRICS tag. I.e. a functionality similar to those of .srt for movies.

Is it too complicated?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2023, 22:30
RE: .lrc file support
This is not supported by MinimServer and I am not sure how it would be useful. What software would be able to read this information if MinimServer were to provide the support you are suggesting?
20-05-2023, 11:33
I use BubbleUPNP as a control point. Now I have Minimserver configured so that the LYRICS tag is displayed in the "Show metadata" screen of BubbleUPNP, in the Comment field. Now it can only display embedded lyrics. Perhaps Minimserver could fill the contents of this tag (or UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag in the case of mp3) with the content of the lrc file so that user does not need to embed the lyrics in the audio file.
20-05-2023, 21:42
Thanks for this information. MinimServer doesn't currently use the contents of any external files to populate tags and it would be a significant amount of work and added complexity to add this for .lrc files. Some tagging programs (such as Mp3tag) have an "import" facility for doing this which seems like a reasonable solution.
25-05-2023, 19:07
(20-05-2023 21:42)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this information. MinimServer doesn't currently use the contents of any external files to populate tags and it would be a significant amount of work and added complexity to add this for .lrc files. Some tagging programs (such as Mp3tag) have an "import" facility for doing this which seems like a reasonable solution.

Now I see that this feature would require much effort on your side.

What you suggested for importing lyrics was a nice tip. I downloaded and slightly modified a custom script (see link below) in mp3tag and now it can quickly find lyrics of a song in Genius Lyrics website and embed them. Most of the times the search is successful. It remains the problem that if you replace the mp3/flac file with another one (eg with a higher quality version) you have to repeat the process. But in general it is faster than a purely manual process. The script is posted by user bugzero in the following page:
https://community.mp3tag.de/t/ws-genius-lyrics/52933
25-05-2023, 21:59
Thanks for posting this solution. It will be useful for other users who want to add lyrics for their songs.