Post Reply 
List album by dated created or imported
03-04-2023, 19:36
Post: #1
List album by dated created or imported
I know there is a page to list "Recently Added" but it is limited to 1000 songs or about 50-70 albums. I wonder if there can be a way to list more album in Recently Added or better still to have an option to list the album by date created or imported.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2023, 20:22
Post: #2
RE: List album by dated created or imported
You could always add a tag that represents the rip/tag/purchase date and index that. I use:
Code:
tagOptions: DateAdded.yearMonth.index.sort

With Mp3Tag you have access to file attributes, so you could retrospectively create one based on the creation date.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2023, 02:16
Post: #3
RE: List album by dated created or imported
Thanks. I added:

DateAdded.yearMonth.index.sort

next to the tagOptions. But I got this error message when restarting:

Incorrect tag name 'DateAdded' in property 'tagOptions'

I am not sure if I have pasted the command correctly.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2023, 08:40 (This post was last modified: 04-04-2023 08:53 by simbun.)
Post: #4
RE: List album by dated created or imported
Assuming you've added the tag DATEADDED to your music files then you probably just need to tell MinimServer to index it
Code:
indexTags: -DateAdded:Date Added

YYYY-MM is the perfect granularity for me, but there are other formatting options.

One thing I did fail to mention is that MinimServer only supports one album sort sequence (specified by .sortTags) so once you've drilled into the Date Added index they'll be presented in the normal album sort sequence (default by album name), and not by the date the albums were added. This was one of the compromises we had to live with before the Recently Added/Played functionality was introduced, which is why it's important to get the granularity of the index right for you (I buy at most a handful of albums a month so for me YYYY-MM is fine).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2023, 03:15
Post: #5
RE: List album by dated created or imported
Thanks. Let me try
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2023, 11:45
Post: #6
RE: List album by dated created or imported
I believe the UPnP DATE specification requires dates to be in YYYY-MM-DD format. In the UK Mp3Tag produced dates in the format DD/MM/YYYY, so I had to format it with:
Code:
$ regexp(%_file_create_date%,(\d+)/(\d+)/(\d+),$3-$2-$1)
I had to add an extra space before 'regexp' for the forum to accept it, so remove that before trying.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)