Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
setting ignore.sort in the All Artists tag?
25-01-2023, 11:13
RE: setting ignore.sort in the All Artists tag?
(25-01-2023 09:57)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-01-2023 23:53)simbun Wrote:  ...unless that's what you mean by "not as a single list"?
Yes, exactly.

tagUpdate is very powerful but many users would not be comfortable dealing with tagUpdate files and Mp3tag scripts. For these users, an "out of the box" suggestion could be helpful.

Oh, in my mind you'd already made that suggestion in post #10 before I'd even mentioned the tagUpdate script, so I thought you were responding to me more than the OP.

I think it's also good that users are aware of the possibilities - especially if they've been provided with the code - but yes, I understand your point.

Truly a great product Simon, I don't know why anybody uses anything else!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2023, 13:47
Gosh, light the blue touch paper and stand back! Thank you, guys.

Yes, one of you earlier had it right. Select Oscar Peterson, then get presented with two easy-to-browse lists - one list (of albums) where he's the AlbumArtist, and another list where he's a listed as a sideman (ie Artist but not AlbumArtist).

I was thinking that the second list would be a list of tracks, not of albums. So you'd look through that list and say "oh, there he is backing Ella & Louis" and click it to get the option of either playing the one track or jumping sideways at that point to select the whole album of which that track is one part.

I think that one definitely deserves an out-of-the-box solution :-)

I have to say I'm really impressed by minimserver and what it does. It's really well done.

Cheers
Pete
25-01-2023, 16:53
(25-01-2023 13:47)pete_w Wrote:  I was thinking that the second list would be a list of tracks, not of albums. So you'd look through that list and say "oh, there he is backing Ella & Louis" and click it to get the option of either playing the one track or jumping sideways at that point to select the whole album of which that track is one part.

With well tagged tracks allmost everithing is possible.
Added pictures shows a sample of my tags in mp3tag , foobar2000
and the result of "Oscar Peterson" in BubbleUPNP.

If you have poor tagged music, may have a look at songkong or jaikoz.
I have tagged my collection with Jaikoz. About 50% found perfomer, performer_name and composer. better than nothing. A lot I have added by Hand.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

25-01-2023, 21:26
(25-01-2023 13:47)pete_w Wrote:  I was thinking that the second list would be a list of tracks, not of albums. So you'd look through that list and say "oh, there he is backing Ella & Louis" and click it to get the option of either playing the one track or jumping sideways at that point to select the whole album of which that track is one part.

MinimServer can't provide the ability to click a track in a list of tracks to show an option to view the whole album because the UPnP protocol doesn't support actions like this. A control point could provide this capability and it is available in BubbleUPnP.

The "partial album" views that you are seeing after this browse sequence do provide a selection to view the complete album in addition to the list of matching tracks. In this case, the selection is provided by MinimServer.

You could make an [n items] list appear by adding to indexTags a tag whose value would not be the same for all tracks in the selection. The Title tag would be suitable for this. You don't need to select anything from the Title index; just having a Title choice showing will cause [n albums] and [n items] lists to appear.

Another way to get a list of tracks is by using BubbleUPnP as your control point and doing a UPnP Search as shown in the images posted by Hanu. This might also work with some other control points.
26-01-2023, 12:49
(25-01-2023 16:53)Hanu Wrote:  With well tagged tracks allmost everithing is possible.
Added pictures shows a sample of my tags in mp3tag , foobar2000
and the result of "Oscar Peterson" in BubbleUPNP.

If you have poor tagged music, may have a look at songkong or jaikoz.
I have tagged my collection with Jaikoz. About 50% found perfomer, performer_name and composer. better than nothing. A lot I have added by Hand.

Given you've got lots of MusicBrainz IDs in your metadata and you're using BubbleUPnP, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you could use/abuse the Information files functionality to open MusicBrainz release group (or album, albumartist e.t.c) pages direct from the BubbleUPnP album Show Metadata screen.

It looks like you're already doing something with Comment.displayFormat, so this would probably just need to go before it, maybe with a following <br>:

Code:
itemTags: musicbrainz_releasegroupid, comment
tagFormat: Comment.displayFormat={$musicbrainz_releasegroupid^<a href="https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/^">MusicBrainz</a>}

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

26-01-2023, 23:10
(26-01-2023 12:49)simbun Wrote:  [quote='Hanu' pid='46654' dateline='1674661990']

It looks like you're already doing something with Comment.displayFormat, so this would probably just need to go before it, maybe with a following <br>:

Code:
itemTags: musicbrainz_releasegroupid, comment
tagFormat: Comment.displayFormat={$musicbrainz_releasegroupid^<a href="https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/^">MusicBrainz</a>}

Thank you for this code and the picture what it does