Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcode selected streams only
17-01-2023, 21:18 (This post was last modified: 17-01-2023 21:21 by MDF.)
Transcode selected streams only
Hi,

I have Minimserver and streamer running on ubuntu server on a pi. I wondered if it was possible to only transcode particular streams with minimstreamer. I am transcoding AAC (BBC HLS) to mp3 320 (aac:mp3;320k) to enable it to run in a pc game interface that only reads mp3. I also have a rasberry pi running volumio and an AV receiver which I control as upnp renderers using Bubbleupnp. Whilst I can always use the + sign to stream the BBC Dash and HLS url's direct to these hifi separates I wondered if I would be able to leave the minimserver streams as AAC for these whilst transcoding stream copies just for the game. I have made a separate m3u file with copies of the streams I would like to transcode for the game. However the setting in the minimstreamer properties tab (aac:mp3;320k) seems to be a global one for any AAC stream played from any playlist. I currently use the BBC 128 mp3 streams directly in game but these are soon to stop and I will need to use minimstreamer, hence the query. (Thanks BBC)

Regards

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2023, 22:43
RE: Transcode selected streams only
It sounds like you want to use the stream ID (or perhaps a wildcard expression matching a numnber of stream IDs) as a filter for enabling transcoding. This isn't possible currently but it should be possible to add it as an option in a future version of MinimStreamer.

Please provide specific details of the stream IDs you would like to transcode so that I can design a suitable syntax for doing this.
19-01-2023, 18:20
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

You are correct in what I would ideally like to do. So far I have made a copy of my BBC Dash playlist file, which is in the directory specified in my contentdir, and have called it ets2.m3u. I have then renamed the streams within this new file with different id's, for example;

#EXTINF:-1,[R6;aac,48000] BBC Radio 6 Music
becomes
#EXTINF:-1,[etsR6;aac,48000] BBC Radio 6 Music

In the game's config file for in game radio streams I then use, for example, this address to play radio 6; http://192.168.0.74:9790/minimstreamer/*/etsR6 which plays the Dash stream transcoded to mp3 320 as specified by aac:mp3;320k in the properties tab. I figured by using a copy of a stream with a unique id this might allow it to be identified for individual transcoding somehow, or as you say for a group to be identified using a wildcard.

Kind Regards
Mike
19-01-2023, 22:13
Thanks for this. I understand what you would like to have and I will think about how this could be provided in a future version of MinimStreamer.
07-02-2023, 17:10
That's great, thanks
24-03-2023, 17:14
It occurred to me that I could solve this easily by having two profiles.
24-03-2023, 17:57
This sounds like a good solution if you are going into "game mode" for some period of time and then changing back to "music mode".
11-05-2023, 18:24
Hello, one question, is it possible to switch minimstreamer only for internet radio?
11-05-2023, 21:12
You can't do this exactly but you can get close by using the * input type to transcode network streams with unspecified type and making sure you haven't specified a stream type for any of your internet radio streams.
02-06-2023, 19:24 (This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 19:25 by mminga.)
(11-05-2023 21:12)simoncn Wrote:  You can't do this exactly but you can get close by using the * input type to transcode network streams with unspecified type and making sure you haven't specified a stream type for any of your internet radio streams.

Can you show me an example how to insert.
I have different types:
*.m3u
*.mp3