Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer Starter Edition: can't see 192kHz/24 bit songs
07-01-2023, 12:32
MinimServer Starter Edition: can't see 192kHz/24 bit songs
Hello
I'm new to this forum and I'd like to spend a couple of words to introduce myself before getting into the issue I'm currently experiencing.
I'm an Italian user (sorry for my broken English) of MinimServer Starter Edition on a Synology NAS mod. DS215j with a MARVELL Armada 375 88F6720 CPU.
So far I've never had any issues playing my music over a CXN network player by Cambridge Audio, connected via wi-fi to the NAS. Few days ago I added a Pink Floyd album recorded at 192 kHz/24bit. The network player just doesn't "see" this album (only this album, no issues with lower bit rates albums).
On the contrary I can perfectly listen to it on other devices that are not based on MinimServer Starter Edition.
Is there any way to solve the problem? Should I upgrade to MinimServer 2.2? If so, I'm a bit confused on which version I should download to work on my Synology NAS.
Thank you for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2023, 13:02
RE: MinimServer Starter Edition: can't see 192kHz/24 bit songs
Once you have added new albums/tracks you need to manually issue to Minimserver a rescan .
This can be done using Minimwatch installed on any networked computer, you can read this page for details
07-01-2023, 14:42
RE: MinimServer Starter Edition: can't see 192kHz/24 bit songs
(07-01-2023 13:02)stefano_mbp Wrote:  Once you have added new albums/tracks you need to manually issue to Minimserver a rescan .
This can be done using Minimwatch installed on any networked computer, you can read this page for details

Stefano, you solved my problem! Thanks a lot. Now everything is running smoothly.
Happy New Year