Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see Minim Server icon in my MacBook
15-12-2022, 16:15
RE: Can't see Minim Server icon in my MacBook
many thanks Simon, would definitely like to work with you on this. I am tied up today but will try this and get back to you!
Simon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2022, 23:04
I followed your instructions and reloaded the JAVA app, Minim Server has apparently catalogued but nothing in the menu bar and when I try and open Minim Watch nothing either, not sure what to do next. Also rebooted the NAS, Simon

(15-12-2022 16:15)simonrheller Wrote:  many thanks Simon, would definitely like to work with you on this. I am tied up today but will try this and get back to you!
Simon
16-12-2022, 08:22
Thanks very much for trying this.

I have been thinking about possible reasons why you are seeing this problem on your NAS. I think the most likely reason is interference from some other application installed on your NAS.

What model of NAS do you have and what version of QTS are you running?

What other applications do you have installed and/or running? You can find a list of these in App Center > My Apps. Please take screenshots showing all apps in this list and post these screenshots here.

When I have this information, I will try to set up a test environment that matches your setup to see if I get the same problem.
16-12-2022, 14:03
Thanks Simon
Here are the screenshots which I think give you this information.
Simon

(16-12-2022 08:22)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks very much for trying this.

I have been thinking about possible reasons why you are seeing this problem on your NAS. I think the most likely reason is interference from some other application installed on your NAS.

What model of NAS do you have and what version of QTS are you running?

What other applications do you have installed and/or running? You can find a list of these in App Center > My Apps. Please take screenshots showing all apps in this list and post these screenshots here.

When I have this information, I will try to set up a test environment that matches your setup to see if I get the same problem.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

16-12-2022, 14:26
Thanks for this information. I don't see anything that looks like a problem but I will set up a test environment and check.

Did you install MinimServer from App Center or by manual download? If it was a manual download, which version of the installer (ARMv8, ARMv7, ARMv5) did you use?
16-12-2022, 16:56
2.1.2 arm5
16-12-2022, 17:26
Also Simon, although I have installed MinimWatch into my MacBook Applications, when I try and open it nothing happens
17-12-2022, 14:30
I think the only thing that could cause MinimWatch to fail to open on your MacBook is not having Java installed correctly. Please open a Terminal window and type the following command:

/usr/libexec/java_home

This should tell you which version of Java is installed (or not).

Regarding the QNAP issue, I have set up a test environment on an ARMv5 QNAP with the same version of QTS and the same versions of your other installed packages. MinimServer is running correctly with no error messages. I don't know what else I can suggest but I will continue to think about what might possibly cause the error you are seeing.

For now, the best way forward would be for you to run MinimServer on the MacBook using Java 17 and access your QNAP music library using a network shared folder as you had originally intended.

I am sorry you have had so much trouble over this. Thanks for everything you have done to help me try to find the cause of the QNAP error.
18-12-2022, 15:54
Thanks Simon for trying. I have entered the terminal command and this is what I see
"The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
MacBook-Pro-7:~ simonheller$ /usr/libexec/java_home
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-19.jdk/Contents/Home
MacBook-Pro-7:~ simonheller$ "
I am not capable of interpreting this and not sure if this helps? Does it mean I didn't uninstall Java 19? Also is it a simple matter to install and run MinimServer on my Mac? I haven't seen a Minim icon on the menu however I am trying to run although I also see that MinimServer is running normally apparently on my QNAP and at least I can play all my music from it on my Atom which is the main thing! Simon
18-12-2022, 22:40
(18-12-2022 15:54)simonrheller Wrote:  Thanks Simon for trying. I have entered the terminal command and this is what I see
"The default interactive shell is now zsh.
To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.
For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.
MacBook-Pro-7:~ simonheller$ /usr/libexec/java_home
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-19.jdk/Contents/Home
MacBook-Pro-7:~ simonheller$ "
I am not capable of interpreting this and not sure if this helps? Does it mean I didn't uninstall Java 19?

Yes, this means you didn't uninstall Java 19.

Quote:Also is it a simple matter to install and run MinimServer on my Mac? I haven't seen a Minim icon on the menu however I am trying to run

It is very simple to do this if you are using Java 17 instead of Java 19. To uninstall Java 19, enter the following command into a Terminal window. Use copy and paste to make sure you have entered the command correctly.

Code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-19.jdk

Enter your password when prompted.

After you have done this, check your Java version with this command:

Code:
/usr/libexec/java_home

You should see this output:

/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.jdk/Contents/Home

Quote:I also see that MinimServer is running normally apparently on my QNAP and at least I can play all my music from it on my Atom which is the main thing!

From your previous posts I had the impression that MinimServer was not running on your QNAP because of the NoClassDefFoundError message. Has this message gone away or is MinimServer running normally despite this error message being shown?