Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playlists changed after minim refresh
16-11-2022, 11:40
RE: playlists changed after minim refresh
Hello
Thanks for all these new information.Smile

I think that the solution for my needs would be to :
1. create playlists in BubbleUPnP : the easiest way for me, rather than on Finder/Mac OSX
2. export them as m3u or XPSF files
3. copy them in the folder of minimServer on Synology

I will try !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2022, 13:25 (This post was last modified: 16-11-2022 17:06 by simoncn.)
RE: playlists changed after minim refresh
I tried this to see what would happen. Unfortunately, the exported .m3u8 file contains remote URLs, not local file paths. For example, my test .m3u8 file contains

http://192.168.0.23:9790/minimserver/*/music/musicfiles/CD-451/05*20Pavan-Galliard.flac/$!transcode-24.wav

The preferred format is a relative path to a local file, such as

../musicfiles/CD-451/05 Pavan-Galliard.flac

The remote URL does work but going across the network to access a local file has significant drawbacks such as no metadata and no artwork. Also, with the remote URL it is not possible to change the transcoding settings that were in effect when the playlist was created. Playing the file should be the same in both cases although for some reason I thought it sounded slightly better from the playlist local file entry.

Edit: Updated this post to correct a misunderstanding of the effect of having a URL in the playlist. Playing from a URL entry in a playlist should be equivalent to playing from a local file entry in a playlist because in both cases the same URL would be sent to the control point and renderer.

Edit 2: There is another possible problem. Some control points and renderers need to know the MIME type of a file before starting to stream it. Others can read the MIME type from the file when the stream starts. A URL entry in a playlist doesn't have MIME type information, so it works for the latter case but not the former.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply