Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with new Minimserver implementation
30-10-2022, 10:40
Problem with new Minimserver implementation
Hi

I have been running Minimserver without problem for years on my QNAP media server, so I know that there is no problem with Minimserver when it is correctly set up, but I have needed to take the media server offline for a period of time and have just upgraded a copy of Minimserver on my QNAP data server to use in the interim.

Unfortunately, despite trying to make the two installations identical, I am having some significant problems with the new implemetation and I have no idea why.

I attach a truncated copy of minimserver.log in the hope that it contains clues for anyone who understands what it all means, as the forum software tells me that the full version too large (and keeps getting bigger)! Hopefully there will be enough information in it to provide cluse. Any help to move forward would be gratefully accepted.

In hope, Paul.

Attached File(s)
.log  minimserver.log (Size: 477.81 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2022, 11:18
RE: Problem with new Minimserver implementation
From the log, it seems there are some errors accessing your network. There might be some problem with the network settings for this NAS.
30-10-2022, 12:03
RE: Problem with new Minimserver implementation
Thanks for the quick response Simon. It looks like I will need to delay my plans and restart the media server to do a bit of compare and contrast, to identifiy the difference in setup. I don't know what the change is on the data server as it has run Minimserver in the past (albeit the starter edition rather than the full version). Maybe one of those never ending firmware upgrades.

Cheers.