Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrity check failed ....
05-07-2022, 20:38 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2022 08:06 by simoncn.)
RE: Integrity check failed ....
Thanks very much for this. Your detailed description of the sequence of events has enabled me to understand what is causing the integrity error.

When you reboot the RPi4, MinimServer starts in the background but the problem I am trying to fix (problem 1) prevents an icon being shown on the RPi4 desktop. This icon should show up in MinimWatch but perhaps you didn't wait quite long enough for the MinimWatch icon to appear.

You then start MinimServer again from the RPi4 desktop menu. This starts a new instance of MinimServer in the background together with a desktop icon. This is a problem because there are now two background instances of MinimServer accessing the same configuration file and this has produced the red icon with the integrity check error.

This situation should not be possible because there is code in MinimServer that should lock the configuration file and not proceed if another instance of MinimServer already has it locked. Unfortunately, the code that does this check has a small error (problem 2) and this is allowing both instances of the MinimServer background process to run at the same time.

MinimWatch detects one of these two MinimServer background processes and shows the red icon. The RPi4 desktop detects the other MinimServer background process and shows the green icon.

For a complete solution to all these problems, fixes are needed for both problem 1 and problem 2. I will make these fixes available to you for testing before I release them to other users. I won't be able to work on this tomorrow, so I will contact you by PM on Thursday with details of how to test these fixes.

Many thanks for all your help with finding and fixing these problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2022, 07:47
Thanks for the diagnosis, and very glad to have contributed something useful! I'll await your PM on Thursday.
09-07-2022, 13:04
Fixes are now available for both these problems. Problem 1 is fixed in MinimServer 2.1.2 for Linux and problem 2 is fixed in MinimServer update 217.