Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
15-06-2013, 14:02 (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 14:03 by macrotech.)
0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
Hi

I have just updated to 0.72 on a QNAP 112 and I am getting a huge number of errors in the log of type:
"Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2008 02 in file flac/Jack Johnson/Sleep Through the Static/12 Jack Johnson - While We Wait.flac"

I'm not sure if these are new in this version but it does mean that Minim Server is taking forever to appear in Kinksy desktop.

Can I change a setting somewhere / is this an introduced issue?

Looks like it would be useful for Minim Server to recognise dates in this format. All ripping as been done with dbPowerAmp is this is of any help.

Thanks

Kevin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 15:02
RE: 0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
date formats with spaces in between (like "2008 02") are certainly not standard date formats so I wouldn't be surprised that this causes poblems.
15-06-2013, 17:59
(15-06-2013 15:02)bbrip Wrote:  date formats with spaces in between (like "2008 02") are certainly not standard date formats so I wouldn't be surprised that this causes poblems.

Well, all the other date tags I've looked at, that Minim Server is perfectly happy with, are of the form 1993 07 26. Just year and month seems OK to me as well.
15-06-2013, 20:48
(15-06-2013 17:59)macrotech Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 15:02)bbrip Wrote:  date formats with spaces in between (like "2008 02") are certainly not standard date formats so I wouldn't be surprised that this causes poblems.

Well, all the other date tags I've looked at, that Minim Server is perfectly happy with, are of the form 1993 07 26. Just year and month seems OK to me as well.

Dates with space separators are invalid according to the UPnP spec. This is why you are getting these warnings.

As a special case, MinimServer recognizes the invalid date format "yyyy mm dd" and converts it internally to the valid format "yyyy-mm-dd".

MinimServer also recognizes the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy" and sends this to the control point as "yyyy-01-01".

MinimServer doesn't currently recognize the invalid date format "yyyy mm" or the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy-mm". I will add support for both these formats in a future release. When this support is available, MinimServer will convert "yyyy mm" internally to "yyyy-mm" and will send it to the control point as "yyyy-mm-01".
16-06-2013, 12:34
(15-06-2013 20:48)simoncn Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 17:59)macrotech Wrote:  

Dates with space separators are invalid according to the UPnP spec. This is why you are getting these warnings.

As a special case, MinimServer recognizes the invalid date format "yyyy mm dd" and converts it internally to the valid format "yyyy-mm-dd".

MinimServer also recognizes the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy" and sends this to the control point as "yyyy-01-01".

MinimServer doesn't currently recognize the invalid date format "yyyy mm" or the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy-mm". I will add support for both these formats in a future release. When this support is available, MinimServer will convert "yyyy mm" internally to "yyyy-mm" and will send it to the control point as "yyyy-mm-01".

Simon - thank you. Superb service as always!

I've used MP3Tag to add an 01 to the errant date tags so they are read correctly for the moment. The Minim Watch log really is very useful for showing me all the duff tags. It also picked up some conflicting Album Artists as well.

Any tag I've looked at so far does have the format yyyy mm dd though, so why are all my tags "invalid"?

Thanks

Kevin
16-06-2013, 14:24
(16-06-2013 12:34)macrotech Wrote:  Simon - thank you. Superb service as always!

I've used MP3Tag to add an 01 to the errant date tags so they are read correctly for the moment. The Minim Watch log really is very useful for showing me all the duff tags. It also picked up some conflicting Album Artists as well.

Any tag I've looked at so far does have the format yyyy mm dd though, so why are all my tags "invalid"?

Thanks

Kevin

The UPnP Content Directory specification requires date values sent by the server to the control point to conform to the ISO 8601 specification and be of the form YYYY-MM-DD. So dates with spaces are invalid for sending to the control point, and some control points refuse to accept dates with spaces.
16-06-2013, 15:51
(16-06-2013 14:24)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-06-2013 12:34)macrotech Wrote:  Simon - thank you. Superb service as always!

Thanks

Kevin

The UPnP Content Directory specification requires date values sent by the server to the control point to conform to the ISO 8601 specification and be of the form YYYY-MM-DD. So dates with spaces are invalid for sending to the control point, and some control points refuse to accept dates with spaces.

I get that, but I'm still trying to understand where these tags are set in the first place. All my CDs are ripped with dbPoweramp. Is it that that is setting the incorrect date tags, or is just reading from the CD directly? Either way there's an awful lot of non-conformance going on!
16-06-2013, 17:33
(16-06-2013 15:51)macrotech Wrote:  I get that, but I'm still trying to understand where these tags are set in the first place. All my CDs are ripped with dbPoweramp. Is it that that is setting the incorrect date tags, or is just reading from the CD directly? Either way there's an awful lot of non-conformance going on!

It is probably coming from the AMG online tag database that dbPoweramp uses. If you press Alt+M before you rip the album, dpPowerAmp will show you the tag values from all the databases that it knows about. I tried this for one of my CDs, and the AMG column showed "2001 06 19". The other database columns just showed "2001".

If this is how AMG lists dates, I'm not sure how you are getting dates in the form "yyyy mm". Any pointers would be appreciated.
16-06-2013, 21:34
(16-06-2013 17:33)simoncn Wrote:  
(16-06-2013 15:51)macrotech Wrote:  I get that, but I'm still trying to understand where these tags are set in the first place. All my CDs are ripped with dbPoweramp. Is it that that is setting the incorrect date tags, or is just reading from the CD directly? Either way there's an awful lot of non-conformance going on!

It is probably coming from the AMG online tag database that dbPoweramp uses. If you press Alt+M before you rip the album, dpPowerAmp will show you the tag values from all the databases that it knows about. I tried this for one of my CDs, and the AMG column showed "2001 06 19". The other database columns just showed "2001".

If this is how AMG lists dates, I'm not sure how you are getting dates in the form "yyyy mm". Any pointers would be appreciated.

It's not a huge proportion of the CDs, but I tried two of them and AMG is giving the "yyyy mm" format. Interestingly, in both cases, Music Brainz had a "yyyy mm dd" format. From now on, I'll try and remember to check the date before I rip.
14-12-2013, 12:58
I have just upgraded to 0.72 and notice in the log a number of entries just like the ones macrotech has posted i.e.
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1987 09 in file FLAC/Black/Wonderful Life/02 - Everything's Coming Up Roses.flac

Upon checking the tags they are as reported by the warning message as so inline with Simon's earlier explaination.

What I'm not clear on is, is this a problem as such & what are the implications of doing nothing with these reported tracks - other than them appearing in the log when ever MinimServer is restarted? I can see the tracks on my control point and they play on my renderer. There are 17 albums currently effected. So do I need to take some action or just wait until the workaround for date format YYYY MM is added to the next version?

Thanks in advance.