Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
14-12-2013, 13:26
RE: 0.72 incorrect value for Date tag errors
(14-12-2013 12:58)StuH Wrote:  I have just upgraded to 0.72 and notice in the log a number of entries just like the ones macrotech has posted i.e.
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1987 09 in file FLAC/Black/Wonderful Life/02 - Everything's Coming Up Roses.flac

Upon checking the tags they are as reported by the warning message as so inline with Simon's earlier explaination.

What I'm not clear on is, is this a problem as such & what are the implications of doing nothing with these reported tracks - other than them appearing in the log when ever MinimServer is restarted? I can see the tracks on my control point and they play on my renderer. There are 17 albums currently effected. So do I need to take some action or just wait until the workaround for date format YYYY MM is added to the next version?

Thanks in advance.

The message is telling you that "1987 09" has ben truncated to "1987". As many control points do a similar truncation themselves, you might not notice any dfference in how these albums are displayed.

The change to support these date values without a warning message about truncation won't be in the upcoming new release of MinimServer, but should be available in an update soon after that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2013, 13:39
(14-12-2013 13:26)simoncn Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 12:58)StuH Wrote:  I have just upgraded to 0.72 and notice in the log a number of entries just like the ones macrotech has posted i.e.
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 1987 09 in file FLAC/Black/Wonderful Life/02 - Everything's Coming Up Roses.flac

Upon checking the tags they are as reported by the warning message as so inline with Simon's earlier explaination.

What I'm not clear on is, is this a problem as such & what are the implications of doing nothing with these reported tracks - other than them appearing in the log when ever MinimServer is restarted? I can see the tracks on my control point and they play on my renderer. There are 17 albums currently effected. So do I need to take some action or just wait until the workaround for date format YYYY MM is added to the next version?

Thanks in advance.

The message is telling you that "1987 09" has ben truncated to "1987". As many control points do a similar truncation themselves, you might not notice any dfference in how these albums are displayed.

The change to support these date values without a warning message about truncation won't be in the upcoming new release of MinimServer, but should be available in an update soon after that.

Thanks for the very quick response Simon Smile - for now I'll leave these files as is and wait for the workaround. I will however ensure future rips include the correct date details.
22-02-2015, 21:49
(15-06-2013 20:48)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer doesn't currently recognize the invalid date format "yyyy mm" or the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy-mm". I will add support for both these formats in a future release. When this support is available, MinimServer will convert "yyyy mm" internally to "yyyy-mm" and will send it to the control point as "yyyy-mm-01".

Hi,

I found this (already older) thread during researching about these warning I frequently get in MinimServer-log:

Code:
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2013-07 in file SHXCXCHCXSH [Strgths]/06 - Whtlght.mp3

I'm not sure - is the support Simon describes above already implemented, which would mean that these tags should be reformatted somehow? Or is it normal, expected behaviour?

Thanks,
airflow
22-02-2015, 22:18
(22-02-2015 21:49)airflow Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 20:48)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer doesn't currently recognize the invalid date format "yyyy mm" or the abbreviated valid date format "yyyy-mm". I will add support for both these formats in a future release. When this support is available, MinimServer will convert "yyyy mm" internally to "yyyy-mm" and will send it to the control point as "yyyy-mm-01".

Hi,

I found this (already older) thread during researching about these warning I frequently get in MinimServer-log:

Code:
Warning: truncating incorrect value for DATE tag 2013-07 in file SHXCXCHCXSH [Strgths]/06 - Whtlght.mp3

I'm not sure - is the support Simon describes above already implemented, which would mean that these tags should be reformatted somehow? Or is it normal, expected behaviour?

Thanks,
airflow

This is still on the to-do list. I should be able to get to it soon.
23-02-2015, 22:17
(22-02-2015 22:18)simoncn Wrote:  Hi,

Code:

Thanks,
airflow

This problem is fixed now in update 59.