Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sort oder
14-06-2022, 20:57
RE: sort oder
(14-06-2022 14:11)tpmcghee Wrote:  I use mp3tag, freeware software, to edit metadata and it will also create a m3u in the same order that files are in for a whole folder which is what I was trying to accomplish. I then had to do an edit and replace with notepad to get to a relative file path, but it wasn't too time consuming or difficult. I stored the m3u in the same folder it was referencing and re-scanned. Everything is working the way I want it to now.

Every day's a school day. I have been using MP3Tag for the better part of a decade, and had still not picked up on its playlist creation capabilities. I had a go, and can see how these capabilities work well for your use case. I found that MP3Tag did actually produce relative file paths (there is a setting in Options to do this), but had no option to write forward instead of backslashes in file paths, though a simple search and replace in a text editor fixes this.

If you want to make more complex playlists (for example with selections of files from multiple folders) or edit an existing playlist, Playlist Creator is a better option than MP3Tag. With bespoke playlists of this kind, there is no need to tailor the file structure to produce particular playlists - Playlist Creator can do that for you, with the added benefit that can change a playlist to add, delete and reorder tracks. With MP3Tag, you'd probably have to start again from scratch.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2022, 21:09
RE: sort oder
(14-06-2022 20:06)simoncn Wrote:  ... using forward slashes is good practice in case the library is copied to ... a NAS ... but is not a requirement of MinimServer.

As part of my experimentation before contributing to this thread, I accidentally saved a playlist amended in Playlist Creator with backslashes rather than forward slashes. When I copied the amended playlist to my NAS and did a MinimServer rescan, all the playlist entries produced "file not found" messages in the log. Reinstating the forward slashes fixed the problem.

David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply