Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver does not recognise subdirectory /FLAC/Céu/[2006] CéU on Synology
15-06-2013, 12:20 (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 12:23 by Siriuslux.)
Minimserver does not recognise subdirectory /FLAC/Céu/[2006] CéU on Synology
Hi,

I am really fond of Minimserver and use it along with the Control Point Kinsky, BubbleserverUPNP and my Oppo BDP-105.

I always upload my music files on to the music folder of my Synology DS-211+ which runs on DSM 4.2 release 3211.
The versions running are:
- Minimserver 0.72
- Java SE for Embedded 7 1.7.0_21-0015
- BubbleUPnP Server 0.6.5

This morning I tried to play some music I uploaded recently.
The folder structure on my server is:
music\EAC\FLAC\Céu\[2006] CéU
and the Minimserver does not show the folder, wherer the DS Mediaserver acutally finds it.

Do you have any hints what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Joerg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2013, 13:06
RE: Minimserver does not recognise subdirectory /FLAC/Céu/[2006] CéU on Synology
(15-06-2013 12:20)Siriuslux Wrote:  Hi,

I am really fond of Minimserver and use it along with the Control Point Kinsky, BubbleserverUPNP and my Oppo BDP-105.

I always upload my music files on to the music folder of my Synology DS-211+ which runs on DSM 4.2 release 3211.
- Minimserver 0.72

and the Minimserver does not show the folder, wherer the DS Mediaserver acutally finds it.

Thanks in advance,

Joerg

Hi Jörg,

I've three things in my mind to check:

1) Just to be sure: did you restart MinimServer after uploading the new files?
2) Check for UTF-8 support: The second line of the MinimServer log-file after a fresh start should show 'Platform default charset is UTF-8'
3) Check the file/directory permissions. Please note that directories of your library must be 'executable' for the minimserver user. You can check the permissions in the Synology file station: right click a file or directory -> Properties -> Permission
15-06-2013, 14:35
RE: Minimserver does not recognise subdirectory /FLAC/Céu/[2006] CéU on Synology
(15-06-2013 13:06)winxi Wrote:  
(15-06-2013 12:20)Siriuslux Wrote:  Hi,

- Minimserver 0.72

Thanks in advance,

Joerg

Hi Jörg,

I've three things in my mind to check:

1) Just to be sure: did you restart MinimServer after uploading the new files?
2) Check for UTF-8 support: The second line of the MinimServer log-file after a fresh start should show 'Platform default charset is UTF-8'
3) Check the file/directory permissions. Please note that directories of your library must be 'executable' for the minimserver user. You can check the permissions in the Synology file station: right click a file or directory -> Properties -> Permission

Thanks Simon,
Charset was already set to UTF-8.
I had somewhat screwed up the access rights of the Minimserver user, I have no idea why. Huh
Now I have straightened the access rights to my music/FLAC directory and all of its subdirectories on the NAS; then I restarted the Minimserver and now it seems okay.

Thanks again,

Jörg
15-06-2013, 14:56
(15-06-2013 14:35)Siriuslux Wrote:  Thanks Simon,
Charset was already set to UTF-8.
I had somewhat screwed up the access rights of the Minimserver user, I have no idea why. Huh
Now I have straightened the access rights to my music/FLAC directory and all of its subdirectories on the NAS; then I restarted the Minimserver and now it seems okay.

Thanks again,

Jörg

I'm glad that you got it working! Just to avoid confusion: I'm not Simon, but just another happy MinimServer user Smile