Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Upsampling 32 or 24 Bit and wav
18-05-2022, 21:04 (This post was last modified: 18-05-2022 21:06 by lyapounov.)
RE: Problems with Upsampling 32 or 24 Bit and wav
(18-05-2022 20:55)lyapounov Wrote:  
(14-05-2022 22:52)simoncn Wrote:  This problem is not caused by FFmpeg. The 4GB size limit is part of the specification for the WAV file format. The problem is worse for the OP because his renderer is using a size limit of 2GB.

If my memory is good, when I found the bug, I asked why is it that it is not the file up to 4G which is played, but the remaining residue minutes; and I remember you answering "this is a bug with ffmpeg, I will post on their forum".

But again, maybe my memory has reached it's 4G limit... Big Grin

Well my memory has not yet reached the limit

https://forum.minimserver.com/showthread.php?tid=5704

Quote:I have done some more investigation of this issue. Because you are upsampling to 192 kHz, MinimStreamer uses FFmpeg to transcode FLAC to WAV and it is FFmpeg that is incorrectly setting the modulo length in the WAV header.

And in the same thread

Quote:There is a mechanism for submitting an FFmpeg bug report, described on this page. I think it would be better for me to submit the report as I can provide exact technical details of the issue. I will try to get to this soon.

But I agree, the first culprit is the 4G size limit
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2022, 21:38
RE: Problems with Upsampling 32 or 24 Bit and wav
The residue issue (incorrect truncation) is a bug with FFmpeg but the size limitation (unable to play the full file) is caused by the WAV specification.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply