Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.1.2 251 not shwoing embedded covers
08-05-2022, 16:01
2.1.2 251 not shwoing embedded covers
minimserver 2.1.2 215 not showing embedded covers
Cover is showed if it is only a folder.jpg in folder, but if it also has cover embedded in files (flac) it shows no image.
It worked in previous versions.
minimserver is installed in a QNAP TS 673
Control app is Mosaic (dCS).

Will it work if I purchase a license?
If not, how do I revert to a previous version?

Thanks in advance

dCS Vivaldi One + Vivaldi Clock
Pass Labs XP32 Preamp
Pass Labs XA60 Monoblocks
Sonus Faber Serafino Homage
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2022, 22:32 (This post was last modified: 08-05-2022 22:35 by simoncn.)
RE: 2.1.2 251 not shwoing embedded covers
What is the filetype of the files that are causing this issue? There was a change in update 215 to how .m4a and .mp4 files are scanned. If the problem is affecting these filetypes only, it might have been caused by this change. Purchasing a full license will not make any difference.

For me to identify and fix the problem, I will need to see one of the files that is affected. If you confirm that all affected files are either .mp4 or .m4a, I will let you know how you can send me a file.

To revert to update 214, do the following:
1) From MinimWatch, select Properties and then select the Packages tab
2) In the 'Other package' field, type: minimserver-update-214
3) Click Install and follow the prompts
4) When the minimserver-update-214 package has been installed successfully, click Relaunch
09-05-2022, 00:51
(08-05-2022 22:32)simoncn Wrote:  What is the filetype of the files that are causing this issue? There was a change in update 215 to how .m4a and .mp4 files are scanned. If the problem is affecting these filetypes only, it might have been caused by this change. Purchasing a full license will not make any difference.

For me to identify and fix the problem, I will need to see one of the files that is affected. If you confirm that all affected files are either .mp4 or .m4a, I will let you know how you can send me a file.

4) When the minimserver-update-214 package has been installed successfully, click Relaunch

All files are .flac, problem occurs with Mosaic (dCS app)

Previous installed version was 2.0.9 (not sure). Qnap offered this 2.1.2 upgrade for the first time.

Pass Labs XP32 Preamp
09-05-2022, 01:01
(08-05-2022 22:32)simoncn Wrote:  What is the filetype of the files that are causing this issue? There was a change in update 215 to how .m4a and .mp4 files are scanned. If the problem is affecting these filetypes only, it might have been caused by this change. Purchasing a full license will not make any difference.

Maybe safest move would be to go back to 2.0.9, but it is grayed out.
It also says minimstreamer, not minimserver.

Thanks a lot for your support, I appreciate.

Pass Labs XP32 Preamp
09-05-2022, 09:01
I have tested MinimServer 2.1.2 and update 215 on my QNAP NAS with FLAC files containing embedded artwork and using dCS Mosaic as the control point. The embedded artwork images in FLAC files are displayed correctly in Mosaic.

This means the problem you are seeing is related to your installation and is not a problem with MinimServer 2.1.2 and update 215.

You are seeing minimstreamer-2.0.9 greyed out because you don't have a full license for MinimServer. This is not a problem and does not affect how artwork images are displayed in the control point.

As a first step, you should do a full rescan of your MinimServer library to make sure the embedded images in your files have been read correctly by MinimServer, as follows:
1) Using MinimWatch, select Properties and set the startupScan property to full
2) From MinimWatch, select Rescan

If the full rescan has not fixed the problem, check the MinimServer log for error messages and warning messages. To see the log, select Show log from MinimWatch.
09-05-2022, 17:00
Thanks for your support, I'm about to panic.
I performed a full rescan (2+ hours, 40007 folders 441000 files), no change.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Mosaic, no change
Uninstalled and reinstalled minimserver, no change
Installed an old version (0.8.5.2.1), no change.
Installed 2.1.2 again, no change.
Used Mosaic from another device. no change.

What happens is:
If in a folder there is only a folder.jpg file, but no covers embedded in files it goes fine.
But if the files have also embedded covers, I can see the small covers in the play list, but as soon as the file begins to play, it goes gray, see attached pic:    
It has worked fine for years, may I have reach some limit???Huh
I'm 69, too young to die in desperation Smile

Thans in advance

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Pass Labs XP32 Preamp
09-05-2022, 17:57
Thanks for explaining the problem in more detail. I am able to see both the small and large images in Mosaic when playing a file that has an embedded image and also a folder.jpg file. In this situation, MinimServer sends the embedded image, not the folder.jpg image.

It sounds like there might be some issue with the embedded images in your files not working correctly with Mosaic. I don't think the problem is caused by MinimServer. Can you contact dCS support for advice?

If you would like to send me a file that shows the problem so that I can try it, you can upload the file to my FTP server. I will PM you the server details. Please only upload a single file.
11-05-2022, 18:19
Problem solved!

Following Simon's directions,

I shut down QNAP, turned off dCS player and iPad.
Then I rebooted router (using router's software) and got the connected devices map.
Then I turned on QNAP and waited for minimserver to be ready.
It appeared on the router's map. Same IP as before, since it is fixed (only the NAS has a fixed IP).
Then I turned on dCS and it appeared with the same IP as before.
Finally, I started iPad and, of course it appeared, I can't tell about previous IP.
... and embedded covers back online!

Everything is in the same place, I can see no differences, I have no idea on why and how, but it works!

Pass Labs XP32 Preamp