Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
couple of startup questions
30-04-2022, 03:16
couple of startup questions
just signed up for Full license in order to see Artist pictures,
but exactly how:
If you set the indexArtwork option of the serverOptions property to auto, each index selection entry will have an artwork image chosen automatically from its selection contents.

where is serverOptions specified? on the Profiles, there is only the default and no properties with + sign.

also, i wish to add recentlyAdded and recentlyPlayed but exactly how?

i suspect both questions are answered somewhere in documentation.
can someone please point me to it?
than you very much!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2022, 10:49
RE: couple of startup questions
(30-04-2022 03:16)hongson Wrote:  just signed up for Full license in order to see Artist pictures,
but exactly how:
If you set the indexArtwork option of the serverOptions property to auto, each index selection entry will have an artwork image chosen automatically from its selection contents.

where is serverOptions specified? on the Profiles, there is only the default and no properties with + sign.

also, i wish to add recentlyAdded and recentlyPlayed but exactly how?

i suspect both questions are answered somewhere in documentation.
can someone please point me to it?
than you very much!

Here are some examples (use MinimWatch):

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

30-04-2022, 11:48
To enable automatic index artwork for artists, add indexArtwork=auto to the serverOptions property. For more information, see this section.

To enable recently added and recently played, add *RecentAdded and *RecentPlayed to the indexTags property. For more information, see this page.
30-04-2022, 13:28
thank you.
it all just works!
26-08-2022, 18:55
(30-04-2022 11:48)simoncn Wrote:  To enable automatic index artwork for artists, add indexArtwork=auto to the serverOptions property. For more information, see this section.

To enable recently added and recently played, add *RecentAdded and *RecentPlayed to the indexTags property. For more information, see this page.
26-08-2022, 19:06
I am trying to add album artwork to my Artist list.

Unable to find any location to change any options or priority's within MinimServer?
Other than definitions, can't find enter screen for "serverOptions Property"?
Got license version, is there another secret app I need to add?

Where do I type in "indexArtwork=auto"?
26-08-2022, 21:58
What device are you using to run MinimServer? For NAS devices such as Synology or QNAP, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer on your local network to see these options. For more information, see the Quick Start guide for the device you are using.
28-08-2022, 00:39
Thank you Simoncn.

Using Synology DS220+.
Thought MinimServer was installed on the NAS?
No?

Struggling through daunting MinimServer instructions on office PC.
So do I really install MinimWatch on another PC?

Once MinimWatch is installed, an easy to find easy to use input screen will appear and allow me to enter "indexArtwork=auto". Then I save it?

Then when I go to my Audio File, to play music, I'll see Album Artwork next to each Artists Name?
Correct?

Or are there 15 other secret steps I need to know?
28-08-2022, 09:28
MinimServer is installed on the NAS and you can stop/start/update/uninstall MinimServer from Package Center on the NAS. For configuration settings such as enabling index artwork, you need to run MinimWatch on another computer (Windows, Mac or Linux). For more information, see this page.

MinimWatch is simple to use. It provides a status indicator and configuration pages for entering and modifying all MinimServer configuration settings including indexArtwork=auto.

For your second installation of MinimServer on your office PC, you don't need to use MinimWatch because the Windows version of MinimServer provides a configuration interface that is identical to that provided by MinimWatch.