Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Discs
09-06-2013, 16:00
Multiple Discs
And another question, which just came up concerning the Multi-Disc support. I am currently tagging all multi-discs without the Discnumber (well, I am right now in the process of re-tagging these discs, so that the do contain the discnumber, so that this is not my issue right now). But on my collection I do use discogs for electronic music (to fetch the correct meta-data). Discogs sort the tracks with the format "discnumber-tracknumber", e.g. "1-10" is the tenth track on the first cd, whereas "2-1" is the first track on the second cd.

So, if I do have the discs with the discnumber, both discs are shown with the same title, but the tracks are not sorted correctly (I guess they are totally mixed up). Any help on this one?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2013, 21:30 (This post was last modified: 10-06-2013 11:45 by simoncn.)
RE: Multiple Discs
(09-06-2013 16:00)triplem Wrote:  And another question, which just came up concerning the Multi-Disc support. I am currently tagging all multi-discs without the Discnumber (well, I am right now in the process of re-tagging these discs, so that the do contain the discnumber, so that this is not my issue right now). But on my collection I do use discogs for electronic music (to fetch the correct meta-data). Discogs sort the tracks with the format "discnumber-tracknumber", e.g. "1-10" is the tenth track on the first cd, whereas "2-1" is the first track on the second cd.

So, if I do have the discs with the discnumber, both discs are shown with the same title, but the tracks are not sorted correctly (I guess they are totally mixed up). Any help on this one?

Thanks

MinimServer provides a number of options for handling multi-disc albums. If the discs are tagged correctly, they will be merged into a single album. You can view this merged album either with or without seeing the individual discs. You can find full details of how to do this in the User guide.

To get the correct sort order, you need to have both the discnumber and tracknumber tags set (e.g., discnumber=1 and tracknumber=10). The tracks will be sorted in discnumber order and then by tracknumber within each disc.
10-06-2013, 11:14
Hello,

guess I will have to re-tag all my Multiple Disc Albums and will consider the suggestions you made on the User Guide. Thanks for your effort.
10-06-2013, 11:55
(10-06-2013 11:14)triplem Wrote:  Hello,

guess I will have to re-tag all my Multiple Disc Albums and will consider the suggestions you made on the User Guide. Thanks for your effort.

A good way to get help with problems like this is to look at the log messages. If a tracknumber or discnumber tag is in an incorrect format, the log will contain a warning message.

When you have the GUI working, you will be able to view the log by selecting 'Show log' from the minim icon. Alternatively, you can look at the minimserver.log file in the data directory.