Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alphagroup on melco?
30-03-2022, 07:38
alphagroup on melco?
I have a full license for MinimServer with three installations. Two on Synology NAS and one on a Melco N1A EX.
On the NAS I use alphaGrouping with the following parameters:
AlbumArtist=20, Artist=20, Album=20, Composer=20, Conductor=20, Orchestra=20
I have now tried to enter the same parameters via the Melco instance of MinimWatch. The parameters are accepted when I click apply but when I restart MinimServer it throws the following error:
MinimServer: incorrect name 'AlbumArtist' in property 'alphaGroup'
Am I missing something here?
Thanks for any hints
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2022, 10:52
RE: alphagroup on melco?
Alpahabetically grouped indexing is only available for tag names in indexTags as these are the tags for which an index selection is available. It sounds like you don't have AlbumArtist in indexTags.
30-03-2022, 11:36
(30-03-2022 10:52)simoncn Wrote:  Alpahabetically grouped indexing is only available for tag names in indexTags as these are the tags for which an index selection is available. It sounds like you don't have AlbumArtist in indexTags.

Thanks Simon,
I had used the preferences that were configured on the Melco as default. AlbumArtist does not seem to be configured in indexTags.
This is what is configured by default:
Album_Artists:Album Artists, Composer, Work, All Artists, Orchestra, Conductor, Ensemble, Performer, Choir, Date, Genre

What exactly do I add? I don't want to create a mess
Tx
30-03-2022, 11:38
(30-03-2022 10:52)simoncn Wrote:  Alpahabetically grouped indexing is only available for tag names in indexTags as these are the tags for which an index selection is available. It sounds like you don't have AlbumArtist in indexTags.

Thanks Simon,
I had used the preferences that were configured on the Melco as default. AlbumArtist does not seem to be configured in indexTags.
This is what is configured by default:
Album_Artists:Album Artists, Composer, Work, All Artists, Orchestra, Conductor, Ensemble, Performer, Choir, Date, Genre

What exactly do I add / change? I don't want to create a mess.
Not sure what the colon in the default list is for.

Tx
30-03-2022, 12:12
You should change AlbumArtist=20 to Album_Artists=20.

The colon in Album_Artists:Album Artists displays the Album_Artists tag as Album Artists in the index (a bit more user-friendly).