Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newby Wants Help With Settings
07-03-2022, 18:30
RE: Newby Wants Help With Settings
You can use either the graphical interface or the command interface to manage profiles. As you are running MinimServer on Windows, it will be much simpler for you to use the graphical interface. This means you will not need mscript.cmd. Instead, do the following:

1) Right-click the green MinimServer icon in the system tray
2) From the menu, select Configure
3) Click through the License page and Welcome page if these are displayed
4) From the Status page, click the Profiles tab
5) The page displayed has tabs to create and select profiles together with some other options
6) Initially you have a single profile named 'default'. Use the Create tab to create a new named profile. This new profile automatically becomes your active profile and any changes to your properties will be applied to this profile.
7) You can create and configure any number of profiles in this way. You can view these profiles using the View tab and switch between them using the Select tab.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2022, 12:25
OK, sorted now.
Found profiles and setup my alternatives.
MinimServer has much functionality; I find it a pain trawling through the miriad of information when the answer is in front of you. If only I knew where to look!
Many thanks for your help.
08-03-2022, 18:22 (This post was last modified: 08-03-2022 18:28 by simoncn.)
The forum is here to help. Smile

It is very hard to know how detailed to make the documentation. Yoo detailed and it becomes hard to find what you need. Not detailed enough and what you need isn't there.

As an attempt to help with this, a Quick Start guide was added. For the Windows version of this, see this page. This includes a section on getting started with profiles. It would be worth reading the whole page (not very long) as you might find some other useful information there.