Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android-Tablet - best App for playing MinimServer Categories
05-06-2013, 15:54 (This post was last modified: 05-06-2013 16:04 by Oroperplex.)
Android-Tablet - best App for playing MinimServer Categories
Hi,

i bought me yesterday an Asus Fonepad 7.

I installed plugplayer and it works fine but i do not think that plugplayer is optimized for tablets. Is there somebody with experience using a better app on an android tablet. The app must work with my Musicplayer T+A 1260 R MP.

Am i right that the Linn apps only work with Linn hardware ?

I want to scroll trough the albums (covers) like itunes on an applepad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 20:20
RE: Android-Tablet - best App for playing MinimServer Categories
(05-06-2013 15:54)Oroperplex Wrote:  Hi,

I installed plugplayer and it works fine but i do not think that plugplayer is optimized for tablets. Is there somebody with experience using a better app on an android tablet. The app must work with my Musicplayer T+A 1260 R MP.

BubbleDS (for Linn renderers) and BubbleUPnP (for standard UPnP renderers) are good control points for Android tablets. I don't know whether they handle album cover scrolling in the way you prefer.

You could also try Linn Kinsky. This should support standard UPnP renderers as well as Linn renderers.
05-06-2013, 22:34
(05-06-2013 20:20)simoncn Wrote:  
(05-06-2013 15:54)Oroperplex Wrote:  Hi,

BubbleDS (for Linn renderers) and BubbleUPnP (for standard UPnP renderers) are good control points for Android tablets. I don't know whether they handle album cover scrolling in the way you prefer.

You could also try Linn Kinsky. This should support standard UPnP renderers as well as Linn renderers.

wow BubbleUPnP works more professional than plugplayer. PP shows randomly unforced stoppings so you have to start tracks twice
Bubble has a better performance showing albumtracks with covers.
Kinsky works but stops after every played track for non Linn hardware

I wll buy me the Bubble License
06-06-2013, 06:56
I agree with BubbleUpnp: for me also by far the best control point app.
06-06-2013, 08:36
I also agree that BubbleUPnP is a great control point for Android devices. You may also want to try BubbleUPnP Server, which can virtually add the OpenHome extension to any regular UPnP renderer. This basically means that BubbleUPnP Server takes control over playback and one doesn't have to leave the control point running.
06-06-2013, 19:58 (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 19:59 by Oroperplex.)
(06-06-2013 08:36)winxi Wrote:  I also agree that BubbleUPnP is a great control point for Android devices. You may also want to try BubbleUPnP Server, which can virtually add the OpenHome extension to any regular UPnP renderer. This basically means that BubbleUPnP Server takes control over playback and one doesn't have to leave the control point running.

Played several albums with BubbleUPnP and it acts fine. BubbleUPnP is really brilliant on my tablet. Sometimes it takes some taps to open e.g. Album Artist category, where several albums are inside. Is the reason caching ?

I installed BubbleUPnP Server at my Syno 213+. The T+A 1260 OpenHome renderer in the list did not play gapless, the normal T+A 1260 renderer did.
So i do not know other benefits to let BubbleUPnP play over BubbleUPnP Server to my T+A 1260 Musicplayer
06-06-2013, 21:33
(06-06-2013 19:58)Oroperplex Wrote:  I installed BubbleUPnP Server at my Syno 213+. The T+A 1260 OpenHome renderer in the list did not play gapless, the normal T+A 1260 renderer did.
So i do not know other benefits to let BubbleUPnP play over BubbleUPnP Server to my T+A 1260 Musicplayer

I think that BubbleUPnP Server does not support gapless playback for the OpenHome renderer. So if gapless playback is important to you, controlling your renderer directly with Android BubbleUPnP is probably the better option.
However, the OpenHome renderer has the following significant advantages:
1) Playlist track advance is controlled by the Server. This means that you can switch off the control point (your tablet) or use it to control another renderer and the playlist of the OpenHome renderer will keep playing.
2) You can control the very same playlist with different control points at the same time and changes of the playlist will be reflected to all other control points.
11-06-2013, 02:57
With MinimServer, BubbleUPnP and \-Server I am really happy dealing with my asus fonepad as a remote.

The combination is rock stable, means client and server did not crash. I did not recognize unforced reactions zapping through the MinimServer categories with Bubble. Rarely MinimServer categories on the Bubble client has to be tapped more than one time to be opened. Maybe a caching cause.

The play back of choosen playlists works without issues. As winxi said, with BubbleServer playing the playlists you can perhaps exit the BubbleUPnP and the album will be played until end. Starting BubbleUPnP again when the Server is playing the playlist there are no conflicts and you can control everything as if nothing had happened.

So MinimServer and Bubble Suit is a great value improvement to my asus fonepad and a great fun controlling my collection