Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user - help!
13-02-2022, 19:24 (This post was last modified: 13-02-2022 19:27 by Adam G.)
New user - help!
Hi All - new user this evening; bought a license to Minim Server 2.1.

Using various control points incluing Hi-Fi Cast, and Cambridge audio etc and none of them will allow me to scroll throuh the albums by Letter - i.e. 26 options A, B, C, D, etc. I've got 3314 separate albums and 56,233 tracks.

I thought the website said features included

Also where are my ITunes playlists?
There is no artwork
Cannot see list of latest additions to my source media folder?
Cannot see "latest played"

I don't seem to be allowed to post a screendump of my android screen.

Am I still using only the starter version or maybe a poor control point?

Thanks,

Adam.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2022, 21:15
RE: New user - help!
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

To use the options you have described, you need to activate your full license and then set some configuration properties. What device are you using to run MinimServer?
13-02-2022, 21:23
Hi Simon.

Windows 10 on a powerful desktop
Dedicated platter drive for music
Android phone
Cambridge Audio streamer CXN (V2)
Various upnp control points - including Hi-Fi cast, Cambridge Stream Magic, Bubble Upnp etc.

I've redeemed my licence on the web interface.

I guess need to know exactly what to type and where on the relevant tabs somehow?

Thanks,
Adam.
13-02-2022, 22:05
A good place to start is the Quick Start for Windows page. This explains the basics of using MinimServer on Windows.

For details of property settings, start with this page which lists all MinimServer properties. For each property, there is a link to a section describing what the property does.

For A B C D indexing, see the alphaGroup property. For index artwork, see the serverOptions property (indexArtwork option). For recently added and recently played, see the Recently added and played page.

MinimServer does not read iTunes playlists. You need to convert these to .m3u or .m3u8 files. There are tools to do this (for example, a Doug Script).
13-02-2022, 23:33
I’m sorry Simon – I don’t think this is the product for me. I’ve tried to read and understand the sections you’ve directed me to and I can’t understand a word of it! I must be a bit thick!

I hadn’t appreciated it was going to require so much advanced knowledge of manually setting everything up from scratch. I don’t know about doug scripts – I had enough trouble just installing the basic server, and had to download additional extractor programs because it didn’t recognize the programme type, and then Java, and so on. I don/t understand “special values “ and graphical desktop environments.” And tags, and “n” values. It is just incomprehensible to me.

Just to learn all this is realistically going to involve many hours of reading all those webpages you’ve directed me to – I had thought the product was audio only and recommended because it was already set-up – but in fact nothing is set up!

Can you cancel my license please and I will uninstall the product – I’d be grateful for a PayPal refund please.

Thanks anyway,

Adam.
13-02-2022, 23:56
PM sent.
13-02-2022, 23:59
(13-02-2022 23:56)simoncn Wrote:  PM sent.

Sorry - whats a "PM" - i don't understand.
14-02-2022, 07:16
It is a Privare Message

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

15-02-2022, 20:37
Simon - can you guide me what to do please? I'm not sure what your asking me

Thanks,

Adam.
15-02-2022, 22:03
We should take this discussion off the forum. I will send you an email with more information.