Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recently Played sort order
12-02-2022, 16:51
Recently Played sort order
Loving the new recently played feature on Minimserver but I am just wondering what the sort order logic is for the folder? Yesterday evening I played 3 albums in this order 1. Pink Floyd/Division Bell followed by 2. Wild Beast/Two Dancers and finally 3. Semisonics/Feeling Strangely Fine. In the recently played folder these are shown at the head of the list but are not in the order played. They are actually listed 3/1/2. I am thinking the sort order is by date first and then album title. This is OK but I would prefer and think it is much more logical if the sort order was simply date+time.
Thanks
Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2022, 17:38
RE: Recently Played sort order
The sort order is by date/time played (with millisecond resolution), most recent first. The title is not used.

As MinimServer is a streamer rather than a player, the date/time played will be updated if the file is requested by the renderer even if it isn't actually played.

When showing albums rather than items, the date/time used for each album is the latest date/time of any of the tracks in the item.

You can check the played-files.txt file to see exactly what date/time MinimServer is using for each file when it creates the "recently played" list. This might clarify the reason for the unexpected sort order.
12-02-2022, 17:42
RE: Recently Played sort order
OK - I will investigate further just for my own education...
Thanks for the quick reply