Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naim App no longer picking up Minim server
15-02-2022, 16:25 (This post was last modified: 15-02-2022 16:25 by simoncn.)
RE: Naim App no longer picking up Minim server
(15-02-2022 16:17)Donuk Wrote:  I hate to disagree with Simon, but if the Melco is conventionally used, as per instruction manual, in default mode,, I think the Naim should be plugged into to Melco, into the PLAYER socket, and the Melco LAN socket should be connected to the router. (Unless the Melco is connected in Direct mode, discussed elsewhere on this forum).

Isn't this exactly what I said?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2022, 18:52
Simon,

"For this test, both the Melco and the Naim should be plugged directly into the router using Ethernet cables."

Sort of implies to me that the Naim will not be plugged into the Melco. Either I am totally muddled, but I maintain the Naim should be plugged into the PLAYER socket, not into the router directly at all.......

Donuk....
15-02-2022, 19:41
(15-02-2022 18:52)Donuk Wrote:  Simon,

"For this test, both the Melco and the Naim should be plugged directly into the router using Ethernet cables."

Sort of implies to me that the Naim will not be plugged into the Melco. Either I am totally muddled, but I maintain the Naim should be plugged into the PLAYER socket, not into the router directly at all.......

Donuk....

(15-02-2022 12:03)simoncn Wrote:  I agree with Donuk that you should try this without the Devolo to see if this improves the stability of discovery. For this test, both the Melco and the Naim should be plugged directly into the router using Ethernet cables.

Also, how is the Melco connected to the network? Is it close to the Naim? If the Melco and Naim are close together, you could connect the Naim to the Player port of the Melco using an Ethernet cable and connect the LAN port of the Melco to the router.

.... and in the second part of the post....Angel
15-02-2022, 20:45
The test is to check network discovery stability (see the earlier part of the thread). For this purpose, it doesn't matter whether or not the Naim is plugged into the Melco player port. Plugging the Naim into the Melco might not be practical depending on the location of the two devices.
16-02-2022, 14:52
Thanks very much for the suggestions. I'll try to get the tests done during the next week and get back to you. Jeremy
22-02-2022, 10:02
I've now resolved this problem. Thanks very much for your help. Here's the solution: this was caused by a Naim software update, which I downloaded in January. However, this only adversely affected users both with certain iphones (in my case an SE) and where those users didn't have the latest IOS operating system. Whilst my phone is set to automatically update the operating system it hadn't (don't know why). So as soon as I updated to IOS 15 the recognition problem of Minim was resolved. Naim said they were aware of this problem with two or three other users.
22-02-2022, 10:28
Thanks for posting this information. It will be helpful for other users experiencing this problem.