Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Licence type
03-02-2022, 22:30
Which Licence type
Hello have been running Minimwatch starter edition on my Mac Osx Big sur for a while with MinimServer 2.0.18-2003 on a Synology 218 play with my Cambridge Cxn V2 Dac I am going to try the trial to upgrade to Minimserver and Minimwatch 2.1 Can I Stay with the starter edition when the trial ends or if I want to continue which licence type would i require please

Thanks

Budgie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2022, 23:00
RE: Which Licence type
When your trial ends, you can either revert to starter or purchase a full license.
04-02-2022, 00:01
Sorry I meant would I need a licence for up to 3 devices

Thanks
04-02-2022, 08:22 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2022 08:23 by simoncn.)
This depends on how many devices you will be using to run MinimServer. For almost all users, the "up to 3 devices" license is suitable. If you need more than this in the future, you can purchase an upgrade to the "up to 5 devices" license.
04-02-2022, 10:42
My devices are what i listed earlier my Mac and synology nas I guess the cambridge dac doesn't count so would that be 2 right ?
I am also now having a similar problem to the one had last year I am trying to install the trial.2.1 version i am getting the content directory path is not absolute error as I cannot select my music folder as my Nas does not show up in the Volumes directory I am not sure i have properly deleted the previous version so think i may still have 2 versions running do you think that is the case please Simon ?

Thanks

Barry
04-02-2022, 14:34
It is only the devices running MinimServer (2 in your case) that count towards the total.

Please post details of which of your devices has the content directory error and what value is showing in the contentDir field. A screenshot would be helpful.
04-02-2022, 15:15
Hi Simon It is on my Mac i also updated the java , nothing is in the content field which i think should be /volume1/music which is the location of the shared music folder if i try to put it in it says not a valid file correct highlighted file and retry !

Any ideas?

Thanks
04-02-2022, 15:42
The path /volume1/music is not valid for a Mac.

Is your music on the Mac or on your Synology NAS? If it is on the NAS, you should not be running MinimServer on your Mac. You should be running MinimWatch instead.
04-02-2022, 17:11
Sorry yes the music is on my Nas I deleted Minimserver from the Mac so now its just running Minimwatch 2.1 does MinimServer version 2.0.18-2003 needs to be updated to 2.1 on my Synology 218 play which I think has an Intel processor and is running the current DSM version 7.0.1-42218 Update 2 ?

Thanks
06-02-2022, 17:42
Hi Simon still looking for an answer to this if possible please or would you prefer it if I started a new topic?

Thanks

Barry