Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimwatch and VPN
03-02-2022, 17:20
Minimwatch and VPN
Hi Simon

I am currently abroad; I have installed a VPN on one of my synology, and perfectly able to access my local home network as if I was in.

The web version of minimserver is working perfectly.

For fun, I wanted to test if minimwatch could also work as if I was local.

Unfortunatly, it remains grey. That is not an issue, as again I am abroad. Just wanted to let you know.

Thx !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2022, 18:34
RE: Minimwatch and VPN
Thanks for this. Have you tried setting the ohnet.subnet property in MinimWatch using Options > Properties (watch)? This should be set to the subnet created by your VPN. If your VPN can handle UPnP/SSDP multicast discovery, this might work.
04-02-2022, 17:29 (This post was last modified: 04-02-2022 17:42 by lyapounov.)
(03-02-2022 18:34)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. Have you tried setting the ohnet.subnet property in MinimWatch using Options > Properties (watch)? This should be set to the subnet created by your VPN. If your VPN can handle UPnP/SSDP multicast discovery, this might work.

ohnet.subnet has always been at blank. I have tried all ppossibilities of subnet, but it does not work

I have not seen how to enable UPnP (it is the standard synology VPN server, and I use OpenVPN, tunnelblick on client side). But that could be the issue

Also, I am not rerouting all my traffic through the VPN
05-02-2022, 08:31
Thanks for trying this and letting me know. It sounds like it is unlikely that MinimWatch can be used over a VPN.