Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting by AlbumArtistSort?
29-01-2022, 14:38
Question Sorting by AlbumArtistSort?
Hi there,

My first post.

I am currently setting up my MELCO with MinImServer. My old windows music server was running asset upnp. Just trying to get the settings 1:1 with Minimserver. The basis is the SongKongRockPop* profile.

Index tags: Album_Artists:Album Artists, All Artists, Date, -OriginalDate:Original Date, Genre
Item tags: Album_Artists_Sort, ArtistSort, Composer, Work, Orchestra, Conductor, Ensemble, Performer, Choir
tagOptions: Date.yearOnly.index.sort, OriginalDate.yearOnly.index.sort
tagValue: Album_Artists.value.sort={Album_Artists_Sort}, Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}, Album_Artists.default={AlbumArtist, Artist}

My CD/Downloads are fully tagged with ArtistSort and AlbumArtistSort tags.

I would like to display the music in the LINN app as follows:
Album Artist(sorted by AlbumArtistSort)
-> Album(sorted by Year)

I do not need more ;-)

Do you have a tip for me?

I've attached two screenshots from my asset upnp settings.

Thanks
Klaus

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2022, 16:47 (This post was last modified: 29-01-2022 16:49 by simbun.)
RE: Sorting by AlbumArtistSort?
To sort your Albums you'll need something like:
tagOptions: Album.sortTags={Album_Artists_Sort,OriginalDate,Album,Date}

I display the albums in the order they were originally released, and then by their release date (if I also have remasters) so change this as needed.
I include the Album_Artists_Sort in there for when I dive straight into [n] Albums, but again, change to what you need.

Album_Artists should already be sorted by Album_Artists_Sort, are you not seeing that? If you wanted to see the Album_Artists_Sort value be used for the index value too you'd need:
tagValue: Album_Artists.value.sort.index={Album_Artists_Sort}
29-01-2022, 19:33
RE: Sorting by AlbumArtistSort?
Album_Artists and Album_Artists_Sort are tags used by SongKong. They are not an industry standard. From your post, it sounds like you are using the more standard AlbumArtist and AlbumArtistSort tags. To sort your AlbumArtist tags using AlbumArtistSort values, you can use these settings:

indexTags: Album_Artists:Album Artists, All Artists, Date, -OriginalDate:Original Date, Genre
Item tags: AlbumArtistSort, ArtistSort, Composer, Work, Orchestra, Conductor, Ensemble, Performer, Choir
tagOptions: Date.yearOnly.index.sort, OriginalDate.yearOnly.index.sort
tagValue: AlbumArtist.value.sort={AlbumArtistSort}, Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}, Album_Artists.default={AlbumArtist, Artist}