Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Files locked on my NAS
24-01-2022, 13:06 (This post was last modified: 24-01-2022 13:16 by JKMSL.)
Files locked on my NAS
Dear Forum members,

I have a problem, the directory where my FLACK files are is read only, so i am unable to add new music files to my directory. My tought Minemserver has put a lock on the directory. And i am unable to find a way how to solve this ?

I am using a synology NAS in combintion with an Allo Digione Signature streamer.

In advance thanks for your answer,

Kind regards John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2022, 15:32
RE: Files locked on my NAS
MinimServer does not put a lock on the music library directory. This is a permissions problem with the shared folder that contains the music directory

How are you copying files to the directory? If you are using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to access the library as a shared drive, you might be sharing the drive from your Windows or Mac machine using a username that has read-only access to the shared folder (for example, the default "guest" user).
24-01-2022, 18:08
(24-01-2022 15:32)simoncn Wrote:  MinimServer does not put a lock on the music library directory. This is a permissions problem with the shared folder that contains the music directory

How are you copying files to the directory? If you are using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to access the library as a shared drive, you might be sharing the drive from your Windows or Mac machine using a username that has read-only access to the shared folder (for example, the default "guest" user).
24-01-2022, 18:11
I have checked permissions on my NAS, the all have read/write (full acces) to the library, if you say it is not a Minemserver isssue i wil, have to look further, thanks for your help.
Altough the view of my NAs has changed after the Minemserver installation, i am going to look at other possiblities, regards John