Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Problems
27-05-2012, 15:16
RE: Installation Problems
A couple more suggestions:

1) Reboot the QNAP and try again (using the JRE7 QPKG, and with the non-unpacked Oracle JRE .tar.gz in the Public share). Important note: the JRE7 QPKG is not the same as the JRE7 download from Oracle. You must use the JRE7 QPKG from this link or this link.

2) If that doesn't work, look in the QNAP log to see if there are any error messages.

I have a TS-109 II running firmware 3.3.2 and the installation is working OK for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2012, 18:14 (This post was last modified: 27-05-2012 18:35 by Dieter Stockert.)
The QNAP log says:

JRE 7 installation failed. Java Embedded installation archive file not found under /share/Public.

Hm, there is no folder named share, I see the folders Public, Qdownload, Qmultimedia, Qrecordings, Qusb and Qweb. In the Public folder there are the files ejre-7u4-fcs-b20-linux-arm-sflt-headless-12_apr_2012.tar, ejre-7u4-fcs-b20-linux-arm-vfp-server_headless-12_apr_2012.tar and JRE_7.qpkg plus the folder ejre1.7.0_04. I deleted this folder and the file ejre-7u4-fcs-b20-linux-arm-vfp-server_headless-12_apr_2012.tar, so now the installation stops not at 50% but at 80%.

Edit:

It took some time, but now the installation is complete! So I will continue the MinimServer installation.

Edit No 2:

Installation is complete and it seems to work. Thanks for your help!
27-05-2012, 19:44
(27-05-2012 18:14)Dieter Stockert Wrote:  The QNAP log says:

JRE 7 installation failed. Java Embedded installation archive file not found under /share/Public.

Hm, there is no folder named share, I see the folders Public, Qdownload, Qmultimedia, Qrecordings, Qusb and Qweb. In the Public folder there are the files ejre-7u4-fcs-b20-linux-arm-sflt-headless-12_apr_2012.tar, ejre-7u4-fcs-b20-linux-arm-vfp-server_headless-12_apr_2012.tar and JRE_7.qpkg plus the folder ejre1.7.0_04. I deleted this folder and the file ejre-7u4-fcs-b20-linux-arm-vfp-server_headless-12_apr_2012.tar, so now the installation stops not at 50% but at 80%.

Edit:

It took some time, but now the installation is complete! So I will continue the MinimServer installation.

Edit No 2:

Installation is complete and it seems to work. Thanks for your help!

I'm glad to hear you've been successful with the installation.

As you have (presumably) discovered, you need to put a .tar.gz file for the embedded JRE in the Public folder, not a .tar file. I'll update the installation instructions to make this clearer.