Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playlist "no content"
06-01-2022, 11:48
Playlist "no content"
Hi together,
I've updated to 2.1 update 210 twice, license (1) Windows 10 and (2) Synology DS118. I manage my files and playlists with MediaMonkey and using StreamMagic app/Cambridge. The app shows both minim-librarys and they work well except the playlist function: The DS118 based library shows all playlists but when I try to open it shows only the message "no content", the same playlists are recognized by Windows based minim library and by Synology based library DS Audio, so it's a mystery for me that I can't get access and need to start the Windows PC to use the playlist function.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2022, 12:18 (This post was last modified: 06-01-2022 12:25 by simoncn.)
RE: Playlist "no content"
For a playlist to work with MinimServer on both Windows and a Synology NAS, the playlist should contain relative paths with forward slashes. Please post an example of a playlist that doesn't work on the NAS and please also post the folder path where the playlist is stored.
06-01-2022, 12:39
(06-01-2022 12:18)simoncn Wrote:  For a playlist to work with MinimServer on both Windows and a Synology NAS, the playlist should contain relative paths with forward slashes. Please post an example of a playlist that doesn't work on the NAS and please also post the folder path where the playlist is stored.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.m3u  Party - passt zusammen WORLD.m3u (Size: 813 bytes / Downloads: 11)
06-01-2022, 13:41
Thanks for this. Instead of entries like this:

Code:
#EXTINF:293,Shantel - Disko Partizani
Z:\MediaMonkey\Shantel\Disko Partizani\02   Disko Partizani.mp3

you need entries like this:

Code:
#EXTINF:293,Shantel - Disko Partizani
../Shantel/Disko Partizani/02   Disko Partizani.mp3

To create playlists in this format, you should be able to use the following options in the latest version of MediaMonkey (5.0.2):

Force relative paths
Use Linux folder separator
07-01-2022, 13:07
Thanks Simon, I've now updated to MediaMonkey (5.0.2) and did

Force relative paths

but can't find

Use Linux folder separator
[/quote]

only 5 possibilities shown: - UTF8-Unicode
- Force relative paths[/color]
- advanced .m3u
- playlists from new songs
- warn for duplicates

I have no idea where to find, only relative paths is no solution for the problem...
07-01-2022, 14:23
The "Use Linux folder separator" option is under Sync to a device > Sync profile > Playlists. You can plug in a USB stick and sync your playlists to this device in the correct format. I have tried this and confirmed that it works.

In the list of Addons, there is an addon named Sync to folder: Adds ability to set up a local storage (or folder) as sync target. I couldn't try this because I couldn't work out how to download or install this addon.