Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver compatible replacement for two Sonos Play 5s.
03-01-2022, 20:04
RE: Minimserver compatible replacement for two Sonos Play 5s.
(01-01-2022 14:21)simbun Wrote:  I'd try creating the 'Radio Station.m3u' I described previously and see if you can get them appearing and playing to Sonos, after that we can address anything else one step at a time.

Okay, I've been having a play. I created a playlist as you described and it seemed to work fine on both Sonos and Denon. I didn't try my Linn as I'm unlikely to want the radio on that.

Then I added more streams and found that some didn't work when called from Lumin but did work when called from Kazoo. I did some reading and found a mention of this in the Minimstreamer notes.

So as instructed I added [ClassicFM] into the description and [VirginRadio;aac] and [Smooth1;aac] into another etc. and at first this seemed to fix everything. Unfortunately, once you make this addition the stream stops after about 10 minutes every time, every station.

I'm very unsure but to me it looks like adding the [id] bit sends the stream via minimstreamer and I'm starting to think minimstreamer is stopping the stream after a few minutes.

Cant find any mention of this anywhere so I'm stumped at the moment.

Any ideas?

Bob.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minimserver compatible replacement for two Sonos Play 5s. - mightyoakbob - 03-01-2022 20:04