Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error: couldn't open file
28-11-2021, 13:46
Error: couldn't open file
Sorry if this is a well-known problem, but I can't find any reference to it in the archives.

I'm running MinimServer 2 on Synology DSM 7. A small number of albums that are available from the Synology server do not appear on MinimServer [Synology]. When I look at the MinimServer log file, these albums appear there, each file prefixed by "Error: couldn't open file", e.g.
Error: couldn't open file Beethoven, Ludwig van/Symphonies [Rattle; Berlin Phil] {192}/Symphony No 1_ I Adagio molto - Allegro con brio.flac

I've tried re-indexing the media files on my Synology and then rescanning in MinimServer, but the problem persists.

Can anyone help?

Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2021, 13:50
RE: Error: couldn't open file
Check files/folders permissions … should be set to all/read-write
28-11-2021, 13:58
(28-11-2021 13:50)stefano_mbp Wrote:  Check files/folders permissions … should be set to all/read-write

That's it!

I've no idea why the permission of those files was set to 'admin only', but I'll change them back.

Thank you very much.

Mike
28-11-2021, 14:10
On DSM 7, you need read permission for the Administrators group. You don't need write permission.
28-11-2021, 14:25
(28-11-2021 14:10)simoncn Wrote:  On DSM 7, you need read permission for the Administrators group. You don't need write permission.

Thanks.

Mike