Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimStreamer package not present in options box in MinimWatch
20-11-2021, 10:41
RE: MinimStreamer package not present in options box in MinimWatch
The advantange of the SynoCommunity package is that it is simpler for the user to select the correct version for their Synology NAS.

MinimServer does not support WMA but you can probably play a WMA radio station by not specifying anything as the stream type and using *:wav in stream.transcode.

There should be no problem with FLAC streams. Please post a URL for a FLAC stream that isn't working for you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2021, 00:17
(20-11-2021 10:41)simoncn Wrote:  The advantange of the SynoCommunity package is that it is simpler for the user to select the correct version for their Synology NAS.

MinimServer does not support WMA but you can probably play a WMA radio station by not specifying anything as the stream type and using *:wav in stream.transcode.

There should be no problem with FLAC streams. Please post a URL for a FLAC stream that isn't working for you.

Thanks,
I have successfully played flac streams now. My reading of the user manual is that flac transcoding is supported only for local files - hence my request for suggestions on handling flac streams.
21-11-2021, 08:49
What setting in stream.transcode were you using to play FLAC radio streams?
22-11-2021, 00:04
Setting for flac stream transcoding is flac:wav;
However, there are issues with the way this setup works - sometimes trying to play a flac stream merely results in the last played stream (of whatever type) being restarted. Error messages from MinimServer and HQPlayer do not provide sufficient information (often none) to elucidate this behaviour.
I also observed that omitting the flac:wav; property resulted in streaming flac consistently failing to initiate so perhaps the MinimServer intrinsic method is purely for local files?
22-11-2021, 10:48
As the documentation says, the flac:wav setting is for transcoding local FLAC files only. You should be able to transcode a network FLAC stream to WAV by adding *:wav to stream.transcode and not including a stream type in your .m3u playlist for the network stream. The * means "network streams of unspecified type."