Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSD files and the Lumin Player
25-06-2013, 00:25
RE: DSD files and the Lumin Player
(24-06-2013 23:25)calloway Wrote:  Simon..what,exactly, are the steps i take after opening the zip dff files, with the icon, to place the album into my music so i can see it in my Kinsky app..?

You need to extract the .dff file from the .zip file, then copy the .dff file to any folder underneath the folder(s) you have set in the MinimServer contentDir property, then restart MinimServer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 01:40
(25-06-2013 00:25)simoncn Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 23:25)calloway Wrote:  Simon..what,exactly, are the steps i take after opening the zip dff files, with the icon, to place the album into my music so i can see it in my Kinsky app..?

You need to extract the .dff file from the .zip file, then copy the .dff file to any folder underneath the folder(s) you have set in the MinimServer contentDir property, then restart MinimServer.
simon...i am going to expose my stupidity when it comes to computereeze....how do i 'copy' the dff file #1.....and #2...what/where is the 'contentDir property....i can 'restart MinimServer...if this works i will reward you...i promise...i CAN fix most things medical that you might have wrong but computer issues are something else...thanks
25-06-2013, 09:56
(25-06-2013 01:40)calloway Wrote:  simon...i am going to expose my stupidity when it comes to computereeze....how do i 'copy' the dff file #1.....and #2...what/where is the 'contentDir property....i can 'restart MinimServer...if this works i will reward you...i promise...i CAN fix most things medical that you might have wrong but computer issues are something else...thanks

No problem! Smile

You can find the contentDir property by selecting Properties from the minim icon. It is the third item from the top. It is probably set to

/Users/<your-user-name>/Music

which is the folder you see as "Music" in the Finder. For the rest of this description, I'll assume this. It you've got contentDir set to some other folder, you need to allow for this when reading the rest of this description.

When you start MinimServer, it scans your Music folder and all its subfolders for audio files. To add a new audio file or album, you need to drag and drop the file or album to your Music folder or any subfolder of the Music folder, and then restart MinimServer.

You can organise the files and folders within your Music folder in any way you want. Many people find it convenient to put the files for each album in a folder for the album. You don't need to do it this way; for example, you might decide to create a folder within your Music folder for all the .dff files you've downloaded from Channel Classics. You can do this by using the Finder to create a new folder within your Music folder, and then copy your downloaded .dff files to this folder using drag and drop from the Finder.

After making changes to your files or folders, you need to restart MinimServer by selecting Restart from the minim icon.
26-06-2013, 01:08
(25-06-2013 09:56)simoncn Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 01:40)calloway Wrote:  simon...i am going to expose my stupidity when it comes to computereeze....how do i 'copy' the dff file #1.....and #2...what/where is the 'contentDir property....i can 'restart MinimServer...if this works i will reward you...i promise...i CAN fix most things medical that you might have wrong but computer issues are something else...thanks

No problem! Smile

You can find the contentDir property by selecting Properties from the minim icon. It is the third item from the top. It is probably set to

/Users/<your-user-name>/Music

which is the folder you see as "Music" in the Finder. For the rest of this description, I'll assume this. It you've got contentDir set to some other folder, you need to allow for this when reading the rest of this description.

When you start MinimServer, it scans your Music folder and all its subfolders for audio files. To add a new audio file or album, you need to drag and drop the file or album to your Music folder or any subfolder of the Music folder, and then restart MinimServer.

You can organise the files and folders within your Music folder in any way you want. Many people find it convenient to put the files for each album in a folder for the album. You don't need to do it this way; for example, you might decide to create a folder within your Music folder for all the .dff files you've downloaded from Channel Classics. You can do this by using the Finder to create a new folder within your Music folder, and then copy your downloaded .dff files to this folder using drag and drop from the Finder.

After making changes to your files or folders, you need to restart MinimServer by selecting Restart from the minim icon.
Simon...IT WORKED..!!!!..i created a folder and named it 'Channel Classics' and then added the new dff downloads and placed it in the 'Music' folder and then restarted the icon and IT WORKED...it populated the 'untagged' section on Kinsky.'''thanks for your efforts...i am learning..