Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver not seen by Minimwatch and devices
28-10-2021, 18:33
RE: Minimserver not seen by Minimwatch and devices
(28-10-2021 13:11)Alandbush Wrote:  
(27-10-2021 18:10)Nothung Wrote:  There has been some progress. I followed the procedure and when everything was re-connected Minimwatch was green and Minimserver appeared stable on the Heos app. The Panasonic TV Media Server reported 'DNLA server not found...' so I went out to brush up leaves in the garden and didn't turn off the TV and when I came back it was working. However when I turned it off and on again same message...
Also when everything booted up my PC was stuck using wf-fi and I couldn't get the ethernet to connect and Microsoft reported 'a netwok cable is unplugged' which of course it wasn't. I clicked on reset adapters and booted up and ethernet was back but Minimwatch greyed out again.

I note from above that WiFi enabled Minimwatch to work but switching to ethernet does not.

Could it simply be that WiFi is connected to a Private network and ethernet to a Public network?

Thanks, both are on Private network. Interestingly if I unplug PC from the router and enable wi-fi Minimwatch turns Green immediately, switching back to ethernet turns it Grey again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2021, 21:06
In your original post, you provided the contents of the MinimWatch log including this line:

Active subnet is 192.168.1.0

What do you see for this subnet value when using wired with a grey icon? and when using wireless with a green icon? In both cases, please check the MinimWatch log, not the MinimServer log. Also, what is the IP address of the NAS running MinimServer?
28-10-2021, 22:28
(28-10-2021 21:06)simoncn Wrote:  In your original post, you provided the contents of the MinimWatch log including this line:

Active subnet is 192.168.1.0

What do you see for this subnet value when using wired with a grey icon? and when using wireless with a green icon? In both cases, please check the MinimWatch log, not the MinimServer log. Also, what is the IP address of the NAS running MinimServer?

Thanks for your patience Simon
Active subnet is the same 192.168.1.0 the only difference between the ethernet and Wi-Fi logs is that the Wi-Fi log has 'MiniimServer is running' after line 'Startup complete' line.
NAS IP address is 192.168.1.224:5000
29-10-2021, 10:48 (This post was last modified: 29-10-2021 10:48 by simoncn.)
Thanks for this. It rules out a few things but doesn't pinpoint the cause of the problem.

The symptoms you have described could be caused by a problem with how the router implements UPnP multicast discovery. Does the router have any configuration settings for UPnP, multicast or IGMP snooping?
29-10-2021, 11:18
I found a previous thread describing a similar problem, also with an EE Smart Hub and wired connections. It seems increasingly likely that this issue is caused by the EE Smart Hub router.
29-10-2021, 19:26
But.... in this case the OP didn't install a new router, he had everything working correctly and got problems reinstalling the same components after decorating his room , if I understand correctly.
30-10-2021, 09:35
(29-10-2021 19:26)Peter StreamMagic Wrote:  But.... in this case the OP didn't install a new router, he had everything working correctly and got problems reinstalling the same components after decorating his room , if I understand correctly.

Good news - I checked out the router settings as advised by Simon but they were not configurable so I decided to do a factory reset of the router and the Synology NAS in that order.
The only change after the router reset was that that Minimwatch no longer went green with a wi-fi connection to PC. The factory reset of the NAS was quite a tricky affair for me but it fixed all the issues and everything is now working properly!
I am most grateful for all your suggestions and support and its great to be able to stream my music again.
Best regards
David
30-10-2021, 13:16
Thanks for sharing this solution. I am pleased to hear everything is working now.
30-10-2021, 18:47
Routers are so often a pain it seems.

A few years ago my then Virgin Superhub was hopeless - similar sort of problems - components disappearing - control apps couldn't find streamer.

I solved it by using the router just in modem mode and getting a decent Netgear router. Solved everything.

Latest Superhub does not seem to need this. For some months now I have disabled DHCP for the first 30 addresses and have fixed addresses for my home network in the range 192.168.0.2 to 32. As well as fixing addresses on components which allow this (switch, Nas). There are arguably SQ advantages - less random traffic bubbling down the cables with the music. ...... but that's all another story.

Donuk, York