Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
License (de)activation problem
25-10-2021, 18:11
License (de)activation problem
Dear Simon,

After the upgrade from DSM 6.2 to DSM 7 on my Synology DS+2020 I reinstalled MinimServer and tried to add the streamer package I got a stream converter path error. Before that I could successfully enter my license information.

I tried to fix that but it seems the FFMPEG package has a new path on DSM 7 so I changed the profile path to the new location I found via Internet. But this error prevents the server from starting. So I de-installed the module but the error remained, so I give up on that.

In this process, a new a license server error will appear and keeps me busy. It seems the license server got too many requests and some kind of rate-limiting snap-in. I can't any longer activate or de-activate my license. Everything will end up with these two messages (only the counter # different):
Code:
License server error 500: [6c5282da] Too many matching linked starter records; resetting to Starter Edition
License server error 500: [6c5d649b] Too many matching linked starter records

When I click on 'License' I got the following
####
Code:
License Updated

Your license has been updated from Starter to Full.

Your MinimServer license type is Full, with no expiry date.
Your MinimStreamer license expires on February 9, 2022 at 7:02:16 PM CET.
Your license includes updates until February 9, 2022 at 7:02:16 PM CET.
You are using 1 of 3 license activations (click here for details)

To continue, click OK.
####
I click ok and end on 'Status' with the mentioned error, last try was
####
Code:
MinimServer 2.0.18 update 201, Copyright (c) 2012-2021 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.

Your license type is Starter. For more information, select the License tab.

License server error 500: [6778a510] Too many matching linked starter records; resetting to Starter Edition
License server error 500: [678ea106] Too many matching linked starter records

Media server status for MinimServer[NetzsklaveII]: Running

This page was last updated at 19:02:58 on 25 Oct 2021

Your last rescan was at 18:32:57 on 25 Oct 2021

Your selected content directory is /volume1/music
####

So my questions are: How I can fix this? Or solved alone by waiting (how many hours)? What is the limit to when this error will appear?

Best cromac
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2021, 19:31
RE: License (de)activation problem
I am investigating this problem and I will post back here when I have more information.
25-10-2021, 21:05
Please try again now. When you click the License tab, your license should be updated to full with no error messages.

The next step is to find the correct path for you to enter in stream.converter. Are you using the version of FFmpeg that is preinstalled by DSM or have you installed a different version of FFmpeg?
26-10-2021, 09:57
Hi Simon,

Yes it worked I see the full version is now enabled.

I use the SynoComunity version that you recommended but it seems the path on v7 is different than on v6.2 Probably it is no longer /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg

When I used my (old) profile MinimWatch tells me that it cannot found the converter under the above path. And server did not start. That was the begin of my license problem.

A user in another forum posted this path /var/packages/ffmpeg/target (symbolic path) which I couldn't verify yet because of the license problem. Maybe I will check by myself via SSH.

Best cromac
26-10-2021, 10:20
(26-10-2021 09:57)cromac Wrote:  A user in another forum posted this path /var/packages/ffmpeg/target (symbolic path) which I couldn't verify yet because of the license problem. Maybe I will check by myself via SSH.

Update
The new DSM 7 compatible version is under /var/packages/ffmpeg/target/bin/ffmpeg and the older 6.2 version is under /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg. So I will try the new path.

Best cromac
26-10-2021, 10:49
(26-10-2021 10:20)cromac Wrote:  
(26-10-2021 09:57)cromac Wrote:  A user in another forum posted this path /var/packages/ffmpeg/target (symbolic path) which I couldn't verify yet because of the license problem. Maybe I will check by myself via SSH.

Update
The new DSM 7 compatible version is under /var/packages/ffmpeg/target/bin/ffmpeg and the older 6.2 version is under /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg. So I will try the new path.

Best cromac

Everything works now as expected. We can close this thread now. Thank you again for your support on this Simon!

Best cromac