Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error copying profile
09-10-2021, 12:26
Error copying profile
I keep encountering this error from time to time, like right now again:

Error copying profile file /volume1/MinimServer/etc/profiles/@eaDir: java.nio.file.DirectoryNotEmptyException: /volume1/MinimServer/appData/@eaDir

Minimserver runs on my Synology NAS. Last time it happened (a few months ago) I uninstalled Minimserver and re-installed it and that seemed to work, but means revoking and reinstating the ver 2 license which was a bit of a faff. Does anyone know why this occurs and is there an easier way to solve it? My Minimwatch icon stays red until I do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2021, 12:43
RE: Error copying profile
Thanks for letting me know about this.

If you look at the MinimServer/etc/profiles folder, do you see a folder named @eaDir? If so, delete this folder, then restart MinimServer. This should fix the problem.

I will add a check for the existence of this @eaDir folder in the next MinimServer update.
10-10-2021, 13:47
(09-10-2021 12:43)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for letting me know about this.

If you look at the MinimServer/etc/profiles folder, do you see a folder named @eaDir? If so, delete this folder, then restart MinimServer. This should fix the problem.

I will add a check for the existence of this @eaDir folder in the next MinimServer update.

Thanks Simon. But I've now been through every folder and there are no files or folders with this name. I am certain I'm looking in the right place.
10-10-2021, 18:18
I checked this and unfortunately Synology File Station is hiding the @eaDir folder. It is there but you can't see it. The following should work:

1) In File Station, open the MinimServer/etc folder
2) Rename the profiles folder to profiles2
3) Create a new folder named profiles
4) If there are any files in the profiles2 folder, copy these files to the profiles folder
5) Delete the profiles2 folder
10-10-2021, 22:26
(10-10-2021 18:18)simoncn Wrote:  I checked this and unfortunately Synology File Station is hiding the @eaDir folder. It is there but you can't see it. The following should work:

1) In File Station, open the MinimServer/etc folder
2) Rename the profiles folder to profiles2
3) Create a new folder named profiles
4) If there are any files in the profiles2 folder, copy these files to the profiles folder
5) Delete the profiles2 folder

I got it to work eventually but only by NOT copying in the file to the new folder. The only file that was in profiles2 was one called “default.profile” (that was visible anyway). When I copied that into the new folder I got the same error. So leaving the new folder empty worked.
11-10-2021, 10:42
Thanks for this information. The @eaDir folder under the profiles folder is used to hold extended attribute information for files in the profiles folder. If copying a file into the profiles folder creates an @eaDir folder, it is likely that there are special permissions in effect for one of the parent folders of the profiles folder and these special permissions have been inherited by the profiles folder.

The fix I am implementing for the next MinimServer update will work in this situation.
17-10-2021, 21:29
(11-10-2021 10:42)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this information. The @eaDir folder under the profiles folder is used to hold extended attribute information for files in the profiles folder. If copying a file into the profiles folder creates an @eaDir folder, it is likely that there are special permissions in effect for one of the parent folders of the profiles folder and these special permissions have been inherited by the profiles folder.

The fix I am implementing for the next MinimServer update will work in this situation.

No problem Simon and thanks. All back to normal for the time being.