Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver can't scan the external drives of M1 Mini
14-10-2021, 18:46 (This post was last modified: 14-10-2021 18:47 by Hantarish.)
Minimserver can't scan the external drives of M1 Mini
I downloaded Minimserver in order to try it on my M1 Mini.
I want Minimserver to scan the external drives that are attached to the Mini, and on which I store my music. But I can not make Minimserver do it.
It's dialog box offers me only the option to scan the internal drive of the Mini on which I do not store music. (See attached screenshot.)

Is there a way to make Minimserver scan these drives and serve as a server for the music that is stored on them?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2021, 09:39
RE: Minimserver can't scan the external drives of M1 Mini
Scroll down to the bottom of this list (not shown in your screenshot) and double-click Volumes. This will show your external drives and allow you to select a single external drive.

You can also select more than one external drive or have a mixture of external and internal drives or folders.
15-10-2021, 10:07 (This post was last modified: 15-10-2021 10:13 by Hantarish.)
(15-10-2021 09:39)simoncn Wrote:  Scroll down to the bottom of this list (not shown in your screenshot) and double-click Volumes. This will show your external drives and allow you to select a single external drive.

You can also select more than one external drive or have a mixture of external and internal drives or folders.

Thank you for your reply.

What you say is how it should have worked on a Mac, but it does not.
I've been a Mac user for the last 30 years, and I know how to use the computer.

With this window I remained contained to the internal drive of the Mac.
This must be a bug in the Mac version of Minimserver2.

My M1 Mini runs under the latest version of Big Sur, 11.6.

15-10-2021, 11:54
You need to select Mini M1 in the top list (as shown in your first post) and scroill down to the end of the bottom list, where you will see an entry named Volumes. Double-click this Volumes entry and you will see what you need.
15-10-2021, 12:24 (This post was last modified: 15-10-2021 12:29 by Hantarish.)
(15-10-2021 11:54)simoncn Wrote:  You need to select Mini M1 in the top list (as shown in your first post) and scroill down to the end of the bottom list, where you will see an entry named Volumes. Double-click this Volumes entry and you will see what you need.

I'm a Mac user since 1988.
I know how to scroll and to access to the Volumes, but it does not work with Minimserver.

1. My previous screenshot were taken with Minimserver and it does not let me scroll and access to the Volumes.
2. The present screenshot was taken for the same scanning feature with WindsMob Media server, and as you can see I could scroll and access the Volumes with it.
15-10-2021, 12:34 (This post was last modified: 15-10-2021 12:36 by Hantarish.)
Scrolling with WindsMob.

15-10-2021, 17:49
The screenshot in your first post shows a list with Utilisateurs at the bottom. It also shows a scroll bar indicating that this list has additional entries below Utilisateurs. Please post a screenshot of what you see when you scroll this list to reveal the last few entries. When I do this, I see an entry Volumes.
15-10-2021, 18:09 (This post was last modified: 15-10-2021 18:11 by Hantarish.)
(15-10-2021 17:49)simoncn Wrote:  The screenshot in your first post shows a list with Utilisateurs at the bottom. It also shows a scroll bar indicating that this list has additional entries below Utilisateurs. Please post a screenshot of what you see when you scroll this list to reveal the last few entries. When I do this, I see an entry Volumes.

"Utilisateurs" in French is "Users" in English.
In this registry there's only my user folder and a shared folder. This registry does not give access to the Volumes that are connected to the Mac.
To access Volumes, Minimserver would have offer access to "Etien's Mac Mini", but it doesn't do that, unlike in the screenshot that was taken with Windsmob.

All the applications of my Mac can access "Etien's Mac Mini" and the Volumes registry.

Minimserver 2 must be affected by a bug, because it is the only app on my computer with this restriction.

15-10-2021, 18:20 (This post was last modified: 15-10-2021 18:21 by Hantarish.)
(15-10-2021 17:49)simoncn Wrote:  The screenshot in your first post shows a list with Utilisateurs at the bottom. It also shows a scroll bar indicating that this list has additional entries below Utilisateurs. Please post a screenshot of what you see when you scroll this list to reveal the last few entries. When I do this, I see an entry Volumes.

I found another application that can't access Volumes.
It's also a Java application like Minimserver, ans is named ISO2DSD. It runs like Minimserver on Java 8.

See screenshot.

15-10-2021, 19:36
The screenshot you have posted is not the screenshot that I requested.

The screenshot in your first post in this thread shows a list with Utilisateurs at the bottom (after Système and tmp). This list also shows a scroll bar indicating that this list has additional entries below Système, tmp and Utilisateurs. Please post a screenshot of what you see when you scroll this list to reveal the last few entries below Système, tmp and Utilisateurs.