Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Folder Structure Changes
04-10-2021, 09:40
Folder Structure Changes
Hi
Using MinimServer in trial mode as it is recommended by Cambridge Audio to use with their 851N streamer.
In their StreamMagic app I get a whole list of folders such as 'artist', 'date' etc. The only one I use want is [folder view] as my music is structured by a folder for each album on my music HDD.
Is it possible to remove the unwanted folders and only have the [folder view] option?
Is it possible to open with [folder view] automatically to display the list of my folders instead of having to select it?
Is it possible to remove the '>>tag view' option from all sub folders?
Regards and thanks
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2021, 12:51
RE: Folder Structure Changes
To eliminate menu choices such as Artist, Date, etc., you can set the indexTags property to "none". You can't eliminate other menu choices or avoid the need to select [folder view].

To eliminate ">> Tag View", you can set the showExtras property to "false".
04-10-2021, 14:49
(04-10-2021 09:40)AnnieBody Wrote:  Hi
Using MinimServer in trial mode as it is recommended by Cambridge Audio to use with their 851N streamer.

I understand that you wish to continue accessing your audio files as you have previously but please try the features offered by MinimServer. You may very well find them very useful.

Btw - of all the media servers I have encountered, very few, if any, provide only a folder structure view.

Nb - on which device are you trialling MinimServer? Windows, Mac, NAS etc.
04-10-2021, 19:43
(04-10-2021 14:49)Alandbush Wrote:  
(04-10-2021 09:40)AnnieBody Wrote:  Hi

I understand that you wish to continue accessing your audio files as you have previously but please try the features offered by MinimServer. You may very well find them very useful.

Btw - of all the media servers I have encountered, very few, if any, provide only a folder structure view.
04-10-2021, 19:48 (This post was last modified: 04-10-2021 19:49 by AnnieBody.)
Hmmm...
If I select 'reply' all I get is the previous reply to edit!
Then after replying I get Quick reply which appears to be able to allow me to reply. Very Quirky and not at all user friendly!
How do I actually get to send a reply of my own without having to do so twice?

In the meantime using Win 10 x64.
The tag view option works, but not the folder view.

I am rather intrigued about being able to create my own folders but not select or delete those already incorporated.
If the software has these set, then there must be a way to edit them, surely?
04-10-2021, 20:14
What device and web browser do you use to post to the forum? It works correctly for me on Firefox and Windows. I have seen a few other instances of this issue and I would like to understand what is causing it.

I don't understand "The tag view option works, but not the folder view." I thought you were able to use folder view. If you are referring to the showExtras change, after doing this you need to restart MinimServer and reload the MinimServer library into your UPnP control point app.

I think there is some overloading of the term "folder." MinimServer uses this term to refer to physical folders in your library structure on disk. The additional selections you see in your control point app (Artist, Date. etc) are described as index entries or menu choices. You can configure MinimServer to add index entries (menu choices) based on tags in your library files.
05-10-2021, 09:08
(04-10-2021 20:14)simoncn Wrote:  What device and web browser do you use to post to the forum? It works correctly for me on Firefox and Windows. I have seen a few other instances of this issue and I would like to understand what is causing it.

I don't understand "The tag view option works, but not the folder view." I thought you were able to use folder view. If you are referring to the showExtras change, after doing this you need to restart MinimServer and reload the MinimServer library into your UPnP control point app.

I think there is some overloading of the term "folder." MinimServer uses this term to refer to physical folders in your library structure on disk. The additional selections you see in your control point app (Artist, Date. etc) are described as index entries or menu choices. You can configure MinimServer to add index entries (menu choices) based on tags in your library files.
05-10-2021, 09:12
I am using Mozilla Firefox 92.01. 64bit.
I no longer get the '>>Tag' option listed but I still get 'albums; items and playlists' displayed.
05-10-2021, 10:51
When you click the small "Reply" button, you should see a edit pane populated with the previous quoted post. You can edit this pane to trim or remove the quoted text and you can add your reply text to this edit pane.

When you click the large "New Reply" button, you should see an empty edit pane with no quoted text. You can add your reply text to this edit pane.

It is not possible to remove the "n albums", "n items" and "n playlists" entries.
05-10-2021, 12:14
So to reply I need to edit the previous post first! It's wonder other forums haven't adopted this amazingly user unfriendly way of working?

It is not possible to remove the "n albums", "n items" and "n playlists" entries.
When you say "it is not possible" I assume then these are added automatically by the software you are programming with and cannot be edited out, and the programmer has no control over their display and not 'we are not prepared to amend the software to make it more acceptable to users'.
I suggest you change the entry to the correct use of English to 'some', indicating that some will be displayed and not 'none' indicating none will be displayed.
I then suggest you add the option 'none' to display no other categories as the entry would indicate.

Is it possible to create and display my own categories?
If, so then how would I do this?
Thread Closed