Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimWatch not opening after installation
17-09-2021, 20:33
MinimWatch not opening after installation
Hi, I'm new to this and hope that someone can help.

I have installed Java v8 on my PC with the latest version, followed by MinimWatch, then re-started the PC. MinimWatch fails to open. I am running Windows 10 latest version.

MinimServer is installed on my Synology DS218 NAS and appears to work ok except that I cannot see any way of re-scanning the drive unless I use MinimWatch. Is it possible to re-scan the drive from within the MinimServer application on the NAS? I have a Cambridge Audio CXN v2 which can only see the small amount of content I loaded before installing MinimServer.

Regards, NickD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2021, 20:42
RE: MinimWatch not opening after installation
Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

You should be able to fix the problem with MinimWatch failing to open by downloading and running the Jarfix program.

The Quick start for Synology page has useful information about how to get up and running with MinimServer, including how to rescan and many other things. You can rescan either from MinimWatch or from the MinimServer configuration web page.
24-09-2021, 20:23
Hi Simon many thanks for your reply. I have now found the rescan facility within MinimServer on the Synology app so am now able to do everything I need. Not yet looked at MinimWatch but will try it again at some point.
28-09-2021, 19:00
Also NIckD
Don't forget that you can access a number of Minimserver controls via your browser:

Just put in your network address + :9790
e.g. mine is 192.168.0.6:9790

Cheers Donuk, beautiful downtown York