Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fail to play DSD 11.2MHz native
01-09-2021, 09:29 (This post was last modified: 01-09-2021 09:33 by Cloudsrest.)
RE: Fail to play DSD 11.2MHz native
Good morning again,

Unfortunately none of above streams worked...sorry , but at least we dug up the file/stream info for you via Kazoo and that might help...
1.Minim off
2.Kazoo Settings NAS on , create folder with 2 Songs ,128DSD+256DSD/11.2 Mhz.
3.selected the tracks and opened “info” which gave us the track path below . Hope this helps..
URI:

http://192.168.2.6:8200/MediaItems/A0...=,ext=.dsf

http://192.168.2.6:8200/MediaItems/A0...=,ext=.dff

Thanking you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2021, 10:45
Thanks for these screenshots. They show that you were using this setting at the time the screenshots were taken:

mimeType.dsf=audio/dsd,mimeType.dff=audio/dsd

They don't show anything about what setting the Matrix is able to support.

It is possible that the Matrix doesn't support native DSD streaming via DLNA. I will try contacting Matrix to ask whether native DSD streaming is supported and (if so) what MIME type should be used by the server.
02-09-2021, 08:41
Sorry , I forgot to mention that the links shown above been streaming to the Kazoo and did not play any DSD music , WAV yes...

I somehow feel that something is not right in our MINIMserver/streamer setup...let's forget for the moment about Kazoo...
My wife , will attach 2 screenshots , showing the stream and details of direct stream from , with Minim turned off both and music playing...

1. QFiles streamed dsd file from NAS to Matrix (select the track, then click "stream to", then select matrix)...

2. the same file streamed over Matrix MA app ...share folder...

We somehow feel and cannot see any MinimStreamer path ,where the files are send to Matrix , as Matrix does not appear anywhere ...???
We just cannot understand and see how MINIMStreamer works from the NAS...
Excuse all those "dumb" questions ....Cheers and Thanks ...!!!
02-09-2021, 10:04
I have emailed Matrix Audio but they have not yet replied.

I don't understand what is shown in the screenshots. The top one (using QFile) doesn't look like anything I see when I open QFile. How exactly were the screenshots produced? Are they both taken from the Matrix Android app?

MinimStreamer uses UPnP/DLNA to stream to the Matrix. In UPnP/DLNA, there is a server, a control point and a renderer. MinimStreamer is the server, Kazoo is the control point and the Matrix is the renderer. The control point tells the renderer to stream a track from the server and the renderer (Matrix) sends a request to the server (MinimStreamer) for the audio data for the track.

If you look at the settings for Kazoo, you will see the Matrix shown there. You won't see Matrix in the settings for MinimStreamer. All this is working correctly because you are able to stream 5.6 Mhz DoP files using this setup.

I am unable to try any experiments with QFile streaming because QFile isn't able to find any of the network media players that I have here.
04-09-2021, 03:10 (This post was last modified: 04-09-2021 03:22 by Cloudsrest.)
Thank you for the above explanation , Simon ....
let us just send you some screenshots of Qfile streaming to Matrix ...unfortunately we cannot find the complete file transcoding on Qfile or Qmanager , sure it is somewhere...also have posted a question on the Matrix forum and should we get a reply there ,will let you know ...Qfile only gave us the details of album selections etc and showed the Matrix streamer after we upgraded to the latest version ...

Qfile streaming:

at the same time Matrix app shows:

the NAS system logs show the download file path:

06-09-2021, 15:58
Thanks for this information. I have installed the latest versions of QFile for Android and iOS but neither of these is able to find my network media players and stream files to them. Because of this, I am unable to do any testing with QFile.

I am not sure if updating my QTS version would help. Which QTS version are you running?

I have had a response from Matrix confirming that DSF and DFF files can be streamed natively at 11.2 MHz and DoP is limited to 5.6 MHz. We have not yet been able to identify why native streaming doesn't work with MinimServer. From some information that Matrix has provided, it seems likely that this is not caused by the MIME type but by some other incompatibility.
08-09-2021, 20:01
Please try removing any custom mimeType settings from serverOptions and then installing MinimServer update 200. Does this enable DSF and DFF files to play natively?

If this still doesn't work, are you using BubbleUPnP Server to enable Kazoo to work with the Matrix player in OpenHome mode? I asked Matrix Audio about OpenHome support and they have told me that the Matrix player doesn't support OpenHome. This makes me think you must be running BubbleUPnP Server.

If you are using BubbleUPnP Server with Kazoo, please try using the mconnect app without BubbleUPnP Server. Matrix Audio have informed me that mconnect is able to play files from MinimServer on your player but they haven't said whether this is working for native DSF and DFF streaming.
09-09-2021, 05:45
We will update to 200 and download mconnect and let you know ...it will take us a few days , as we don't know where BubbleUPnp is hiding ...all we know it's not in the veggie garden Smile hehe but we shall do our best ....meanwhile we downloaded all the 11.2 files into a seperate folder into the Matrix MA app....much prefer the Kazoo...
our QTS is 4.5.4.1741 build 2021/07/26
Cheers and Thanks
09-09-2021, 09:54
Progress report...!!!
updated to 200..removed all settings from server/streamer
downloaded mconnectLite...found Matrix and mconnectLite is streaming all files correctly including 11.2 native...
and how do we now get mconnectLite onto Kazoo or minim...????
09-09-2021, 11:21
This is very good news. Please now try Kazoo without changing anything in MinimServer and let me know whether this is working.