Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer 2 scripting DSM 7
17-08-2021, 04:37
MinimServer 2 scripting DSM 7
Hello all

I recently updated DSM to version 7 as recommended by Synology. (This is not a beta version.) So (as very well described on the MinimServer website) I had to uninstall MinimServer and Java and reinstall MinimServer, which apparently now includes the Java runtime. Now the mscript command fails to run and outputs the following error message:

The Java installation seems to be corrupted. Please reinstall the Java Synology package.

This seems to confirm that there is no more "standalone" Java installed on my DSM.

How can I run scripts in the new version of MinimServer?

Regards,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2021, 12:51
RE: MinimServer 2 scripting DSM 7
Thanks for letting me know about this. I have found the cause of the problem and there will be a fix in the next MinimServer release for Synology.

If you are comfortable running Linux commands from a terminal login, I can provide a solution now. Please let me know.
18-08-2021, 03:24
Yes I am comfortable using the terminal.

Your instructions may also be of use to other users reading this forum.

Regards,

Eric
18-08-2021, 09:44
I would be concerned about posting these instructions to the forum because of the potential to cause serious damage if not applied correctly (they require using root privilege to modify files).

Instead, I will create an unofficial test build with the fix and make it available to you and any other users who have the same problem.
18-08-2021, 11:18
Which model of Synology NAS do you have?
24-08-2021, 01:34
DS918+
24-08-2021, 11:20
You can download a test build for this NAS from this link. Thanks for your help with finding and fixing this problem.
25-08-2021, 04:11
(24-08-2021 11:20)simoncn Wrote:  You can download a test build for this NAS from this link. Thanks for your help with finding and fixing this problem.

You are most welcome Simon. And thank you for all the time you put into this project, MinimServer is really in a class of its own.
31-10-2021, 19:08
This fix is now generally available in MinimServer 2.0.18-2004 for Synology DSM 7. To install this version, download it from the MinimServer Downloads page and do a manual install in DSM Package Center.