Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sort order
05-05-2012, 16:43
Sort order
Hi,

Very minor issue: I noticed that artists whose names don't start with a capital letter appear below "Z". Examples are "damien rice" or "k.d. lang".

Arguably this could be solved in the control point, but I'd be interested to hear if this is something you might want to add (probably as an option) to minimserver.

When using Twonky, the control point sorts them properly, while still displaying them with a lower-case first letter Huh

Cheers,
JW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2012, 20:20
RE: Sort order
(05-05-2012 16:43)rb73 Wrote:  Hi,

Very minor issue: I noticed that artists whose names don't start with a capital letter appear below "Z". Examples are "damien rice" or "k.d. lang".

Arguably this could be solved in the control point, but I'd be interested to hear if this is something you might want to add (probably as an option) to minimserver.

When using Twonky, the control point sorts them properly, while still displaying them with a lower-case first letter Huh

Cheers,
JW

You'll be pleased to hear that this is fixed in the next release. Smile MinimServer will work like Twonky does, without the need to specify an option.
06-05-2012, 06:56
Excellent :-)
10-05-2012, 15:48
(05-05-2012 20:20)simoncn Wrote:  You'll be pleased to hear that this is fixed in the next release. Smile MinimServer will work like Twonky does, without the need to specify an option.
does this imply that also german umlauts (äöü) are sorted right? i have an album of herbert grönemeyer with the name "Ö" and this appears on top of the albums list... before "0815" and others :-)
10-05-2012, 17:40
(10-05-2012 15:48)KoS Wrote:  does this imply that also german umlauts (äöü) are sorted right? i have an album of herbert grönemeyer with the name "Ö" and this appears on top of the albums list... before "0815" and others :-)

I've improved things in this area, though the results might not be perfect according to native German sorting rules. These umlauted characters will be sorted as if they didn't have the umlaut.