Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating Synology DSM 6 to DSM 7
07-09-2021, 20:53
RE: Updating Synology DSM 6 to DSM 7
Do you mean a .m3u playlist in your MinimServer library or a playlist created by your UPnP control point or some other software? Please explain more about what you are doing to create these playlists.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2021, 14:36
Hi there, I am trying to install Synology DSM 7 for my DS416 Play and it says that I must uninstall Java 8. When I go to uninstall Java 8 it says that I must uninstall Minimserver. I don't want to do this because I don't want to lose my configurations and settings and also my subscription. What do I do to uninstall Java8 if it wont let me uninstall it without uninstalling Minmserver?

Thanks
08-09-2021, 15:07
Please see post #1 in this thread.
08-09-2021, 15:42
(08-09-2021 15:07)simoncn Wrote:  Please see post #1 in this thread.
Simon I seen that and I looked at those instructions before coming on here to ask but in your instructions it says this:-

"Download and install DSM 7.0.
If you see a message saying that you need to uninstall the Java8 or Java7 package before updating to DSM 7.0, uninstall the Java8 or Java7 package and continue with the DSM 7.0 update. Do not uninstall the MinimServer package."

The problem I have is it won't let me uninstall Java8 without uninstalling Minimserver. So what do I do if I can't uninstall Java8 (without uninstalling Minimserver)
I must be missing something....do I have to stop Minimserver running and will that let me uninstall Java8?

Thanks
08-09-2021, 15:57
Those instructions are for ARM models. You need to follow the instructions for Intel models.
08-09-2021, 16:04 (This post was last modified: 08-09-2021 16:13 by Lordsnooty.)
(08-09-2021 15:42)Lordsnooty Wrote:  
(08-09-2021 15:07)simoncn Wrote:  Please see post #1 in this thread.
Simon I seen that and I looked at those instructions before coming on here to ask but in your instructions it says this:-

"Download and install DSM 7.0.
If you see a message saying that you need to uninstall the Java8 or Java7 package before updating to DSM 7.0, uninstall the Java8 or Java7 package and continue with the DSM 7.0 update. Do not uninstall the MinimServer package."

The problem I have is it won't let me uninstall Java8 without uninstalling Minimserver. So what do I do if I can't uninstall Java8 (without uninstalling Minimserver)
I must be missing something....do I have to stop Minimserver running and will that let me uninstall Java8?

Thanks

PS I think I have resolved it....it appears that I should have been following the instructions of the Intel Processor and not the Arm Processor instructions....thanks I will update you after I have installed the new DSM 7....sorry about that. It appears that the DS416play is listed as an Arm Processor (although I thought it was an Intel Processor).....that's where the confusion arose....Simon, it would appear you might need to amend that
08-09-2021, 16:34
Simon

Thanks a million, once I read the correct instructions it has all worked out fine and now I have DSM 7 and Minimserver all running fine at the moment (it is rescanning my files at the moment)

Thanks again
30-09-2021, 08:17 (This post was last modified: 30-09-2021 08:19 by Mike48.)
I'm a bit confused about the directions. I have MinimServer 2 on my DS414 and am considering updating the NAS to DSM 7.

When the directions linked in the first post refer to "MinimServer," does that specifically exclude MinimServer 2? Or does MinimServer in this text *include* MinimServer 2? I am unsure whether the directions apply to my case. If not, what are the appropriate steps?

Thanks!

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA
30-09-2021, 08:21 (This post was last modified: 30-09-2021 08:21 by simoncn.)
The migration instructions assume the user currently has MinimServer 2 on DSM 6. Any user with MinimServer 0.8 on DSM 6 should first update to MinimServer 2 on DSM 6 before attempting this migration.
02-10-2021, 06:26
Thank you, Simon!

Mike
Portland, Oregon, USA