Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MinimServer logs shows a few errors
07-08-2021, 11:35
Question MinimServer logs shows a few errors
So far the try out of MinimServer docker environment is running nicely. Checking the container docker logs doesn't show much, but it did have 3 lines with the same error which might be something to look into or not:

Code:
/opt/minimserver/bin/startd: line 113:    29 Aborted                 (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${MINIMDIR}/libsys" MINIM_LANG="${MINIM_LANG}" "${JAVAX}" ${JAVAOPTS} -jar "${MINIMDIR}/lib/m${ws}.jar" --launchrc --set watch.view=log --nohup ${MINIMOPTS} "$@" > "${OUTFILE}" 2>&1

/opt/minimserver/bin/startd: line 113:    29 Aborted                 (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${MINIMDIR}/libsys" MINIM_LANG="${MINIM_LANG}" "${JAVAX}" ${JAVAOPTS} -jar "${MINIMDIR}/lib/m${ws}.jar" --launchrc --set watch.view=log --nohup ${MINIMOPTS} "$@" > "${OUTFILE}" 2>&1

[/code]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2021, 11:48
RE: MinimServer logs shows a few errors
Thanks for this. I would need more information to investigate what is causing this. For example, is this message produced when you stop the container or is it produced while the container is running?
07-08-2021, 11:51
(07-08-2021 11:48)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. I would need more information to investigate what is causing this. For example, is this message produced when you stop the container or is it produced while the container is running?

Seems to be when deploying the container; when starting/stopping the container no additional errors shows up.
07-08-2021, 18:56
Thanks for this. Please post the Docker commands you are using to create and deploy the container so that I can try this myself.
07-08-2021, 19:11
(07-08-2021 18:56)simoncn Wrote:  Thanks for this. Please post the Docker commands you are using to create and deploy the container so that I can try this myself.

Fyi, I'm running Docker server v20.10.7 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and the following command has been used to deploy the MinimServer container:

Code:
docker create --name=minimserver -e TZ=Europe/Stockholm -v /opt/minimserver/data:/opt/minimserver/data -v /mnt/music:/Music:ro --network host --restart unless-stopped minimworld/minimserver:2.0.18
07-08-2021, 21:20
This part of the command:

-v /opt/minimserver/data:/opt/minimserver/data

could cause problems, depending on how you are using /opt/minimserver/data on the host system. Is this part of a host installation of MinimServer?
07-08-2021, 23:18
Well, that could be the cause, if there is an issue with MinimServer that a separate storage space is being created inside the container from the rest of the container filesystem? These are the files within the mentioned volume, /opt/minimserver/data:

default.profile
default.profile.save
minimserver.config
minimserver.config.lock
minimserver.config.save
minimserver.license
minimserver.log
minimserver-out.log
minimserver.pid
minimserver-starter.license
Music-2.mcache
08-08-2021, 13:08
If you deployed a container with these options and then deployed another container later with the same options, the second container would start MinimServer with configuration files created by the first container. It looks like this is what has happened.

There will be some data in these configuration files that is valid only for the first container and is not valid for the second container. This is not supported by MinimServer and is likely to cause problems.

A future version of MinimServer will do additional checking for this situation and this could result in license verification errors.
08-08-2021, 15:03 (This post was last modified: 08-08-2021 16:00 by kennurnes.)
If doesn't make sense to define a volume for the config/logs data then it's fixed for now (removing the volume parameter). I'll redeploy and hopefully we won't see any errors in the container log [Can confirm that there are no errors in the Container logs now].

Also, this was picked up from the this thread which might be worth responding to that it's not supported to avoid confusion.

Thanks for the quick help!
08-08-2021, 16:22
My reply in the other thread (this post) did say that this is not a supported and tested configuration. I will update the post to reference the problem you have described here.

I cannot say for sure that the problem you have reported is caused by this volume parameter but it is safer to stay with configurations that I have tested and am able to support.