Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please help me start up with tags
05-08-2021, 17:08
RE: Please help me start up with tags
Ah yes, setting listviewalbums to 9999 as suggested above caused this. Luckily tagging is done so I can test more quickly now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2021, 17:22
(05-08-2021 17:08)MiniMe Wrote:  ... so I can test more quickly now.

It might be worth mentioning that MinimServer 2 enables the creation of multiple profiles. A profile contains the configuration details.

Profiles make it easier to manaqe your configuration settings. You can create multiple profiles with different configuration settings and switch between them easily. You can export and import profiles for backup or sharing with other users.

This may be useful as you experiment with different configurations.
05-08-2021, 18:38 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2021 20:09 by simbun.)
(04-08-2021 18:13)MiniMe Wrote:  I'm still curious though to get upper levels served well in order to get to the 2 clicks!

Whilst I don't agree with your race to the fewest clicks (the fact you can expose all your tags and can browse by any of them in any order makes MinimServer what it is), the only way you can minimise clicks is by replacing clicks with scrolling (although it's still 3 clicks).

You could build an index that looks like:

Blues
Blues - CD
Blues - HD
Pop
Pop - CD
Pop - HD

and then Enqueue from each of these items.

It allows you to select each Genre with or without selecting an Audio Quality, but it will impose a maintenance overhead depending on how often you have new Genres.

You could achieve this by using tagUpdate, something like:

Code:
@GENRE=Blues
+GENRE_QUALITY=Blues
@GENRE_QUALITY=Blues
&#AUDIOQUALITY=CD
+GENRE_QUALITY=Blues - CD
&#AUDIOQUALITY=LC
+GENRE_QUALITY=Blues - LC
@GENRE=Pop
+GENRE_QUALITY=Pop
@GENRE_QUALITY=Pop
&#AUDIOQUALITY=CD
+GENRE_QUALITY=Pop - CD
&#AUDIOQUALITY=LC
+GENRE_QUALITY=Pop - LC
then set indexTags to GENRE_QUALITY (as the 3 click solution will only work if it's the only index).

I'm not suggesting you do this, but if you really will do anything to get to the fewest clicks :-)
05-08-2021, 22:17
Thanks! I appreciate the above, and will give it a test run, for now I try to get used to the Lumin app. I did notice however the style of how I browse differs somewhat from my previous approach, but in a good way, as I seem to get somewhat more in depth album by album instead of hi over than before. So the extra mouse/button clicks are useful in that manner!

Meanwhile....

I did 2cd tagging of track# as:
1-01
1-02
[..]
1-10
2-01
2-02
[..]

Now I notice that Minimserver (or at least the control point apps) do not get this form of track#, and thus sort the titles A-Z.

Is there a way to program around it, or should I retag all such track#?
05-08-2021, 22:26
(05-08-2021 22:17)MiniMe Wrote:  Is there a way to program around it, or should I retag all such track#?

Typically, you would use the Discnumber tag and TrackNumber, rather than combine both in the TrackNumber.

MinimServer supports this in different ways and also enables other forms of combining/separating albums.
Check out the Multi disc albums section of the user guide.
05-08-2021, 22:30 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2021 22:31 by MiniMe.)
(05-08-2021 22:26)Alandbush Wrote:  Typically, you would use the Discnumber tag and TrackNumber, rather than combine both in the TrackNumber.

I'll tag the numbers then. At least the tagging software (and me) will have some workout Smile (How) does it deal with track numbers that are A and B?
05-08-2021, 22:53 (This post was last modified: 05-08-2021 22:57 by Alandbush.)
(05-08-2021 22:30)MiniMe Wrote:  (How) does it deal with track numbers that are A and B?

I honestly do not know. It must be an extremely unusual occurrence.
I doubt any music server would handle non numeric TrackNumbers the way a human can.

Edit: perhaps you could use a decimal point (.), e.g. 1.1 and 1.2. This may be seen as numeric and display in an appropriate order.
05-08-2021, 23:08 (This post was last modified: 06-08-2021 00:23 by MiniMe.)
it would be nice though as tapes and vinyl had A + B sides. But no, Minimserver does not understand the A's and B'2 and sorts then according track titles. Workaround is naming side A as disc 1 of 2 and side B as disc 2 of 2.

edit: checked what happens if you'd take out the dash inbetween the disc# and track#, but if above 99 then MS seems to paste the large track number upfront of the track title, e.g. "201First TrackTitle Of Second Cd".
06-08-2021, 00:24
(05-08-2021 23:08)MiniMe Wrote:  it would be nice though as tapes and vinyl had A + B sides. But no, Minimserver does not understand the A's and B'2 and sorts then according track titles.

Perhaps you could distinguish the sides using DISCSUBTITLE as per Multi disc albums.
06-08-2021, 00:47
Sounds good, didn't find that yet in the tags available in my tagging software.