Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asustor ADM 4
09-07-2021, 09:25
Asustor ADM 4
Simon,

just a heads up if you're not already aware.

It would appear that Asustor are shortly to release ADM 4 (new version, ostensibly with some core changes) and that it requires updates to some of their applications (in addition to a few such being deprecated).

At least two current "Media Server" offerings fall into the above categories.

It might be worthwhile keeping an eye on this (and maybe even beta testing the new ADM?).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2021, 21:29
RE: Asustor ADM 4
Thanks for this information. It looks like the ADM 4 beta should run on my AS1002T. I will try it and post back here.
09-07-2021, 22:01
On the ADM 4 beta, MinimServer appears to start successfully but there seems to be a problem with UPnP M_SEARCH multicast discovery messages sent by control points to UDP port 1900 not being received by MinimServer. I will post more information here when I have it.
09-07-2021, 22:44
Mine's an AS1002T as well. I'll resist any temptation to upgrade until/unless you manage to bottom the issue.

(Not that I was going to install the Beta anyway - though it looks like ADM 4 is coming to the majority of the "current" models at some time in the near future).
10-07-2021, 13:20
The problem was caused by the ADM 4 beta not responding to IGMPv2 queries. If your network is set up to use IGMP snooping (as mine is), this causes problems with UPnP discovery of MinimServer by other devices. I have been able to work around the problem by configuring my switch to disable IGMP snooping for the AS1002T.

I have reported the problem to ASUSTOR. Depending on how your network is configured, this issue might or might not affect you.
10-07-2021, 15:59
Well worth the heads up, then (it's better to be ahead of any issues).

I think I'm unable to selectively configure IGMP snooping (it's either on or off) so let's hope Asustor can respond with a "bug fix".

Thx Simon.
10-07-2021, 18:25
If you can set IGMP snooping to off for everything, you should be OK.
04-11-2021, 09:47
(10-07-2021 18:25)simoncn Wrote:  If you can set IGMP snooping to off for everything, you should be OK.
Simon,

just to round this one off, I bit the bullet and upgraded to the latest non-beta release of ADM4 yesterday. Various issues of functionality have been reported since ADM4 was released, but my needs are rather simple.

With admittedly only a quick test, my main renderer/control point combination appears to work perfectly regardless of the (global) IGMP Snooping setting on the router.

Maybe it's been corrected following your feedback, but all seems good.
04-11-2021, 10:43
Thanks for this. I will try this again some time with the latest version of ADM 4.
05-11-2021, 16:57
I tried the latest version of ADM 4 (4.0.0.RMD2) and the bug is still there.