Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official release Synology DSM 7 and Java8
06-07-2021, 19:34 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2021 21:55 by simoncn.)
RE: Official release Synology DSM 7 and Java8
(06-07-2021 17:57)bananasareyellow Wrote:  It's the same situation with BubbleUPnPServer if that's any consolation.

https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupn...html#dsm-7

The difference is that I have invested very considerable effort in building a DSM 7 version of MinimServer and working with Synology to make it available. It was working with the beta version of DSM 7 but the released version seems to have broken something. Hopefully the present difficulties will be resolved soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2021, 20:27 (This post was last modified: 06-07-2021 20:29 by simoncn.)
The links for manual download for DSM 7 are now available on the Downloads page. This is the latest DSM 7 version that I have submitted to Synology for inclusion in the Package Center.
07-07-2021, 07:40
Thank you for making the download available. I'm happy to report that Minimserver is now running again on dsm7. For the sake of completeness, I should perhaps note that when I tried to download it using the Firefox browser, I got the error message "Not allowed: https://minimworld.com/download-server.p...mv7_server".
There was, however no problem with Chrome or Edge.
I very much appreciate the effort you have put in on this.
07-07-2021, 10:05
Thanks for letting me know about this problem with Firefox. It was caused by a browser caching issue.

I have made a change that should stop this happening again. If you refresh the Downloads page in Firefox now, it should work.
07-07-2021, 11:11
A brief reply to confirm that download via Firefox is indeed working.
07-07-2021, 18:41
In the Package Center under Settings on the General page, I just noticed that there is an option in the lower half of the page to opt into beta packages. Just turned that option on and now I have Beta Packages in the sidebar, and MinimServer is listed.
07-07-2021, 19:37 (This post was last modified: 07-07-2021 19:39 by simoncn.)
Thanks for explaining why some people are seeing beta packages and others aren't. It should be OK to install the beta version of MinimServer on the release version of DSM 7.