Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimserver not finding new music
10-06-2021, 12:47
Minimserver not finding new music
I started a while back on the long road of digitising my CDs. Since I'm not an IT techie I've had a headache ever since!
History: Recently installed Minimserver 2.0.12 on my Qnap Nas because using Linn Kazoo [app that comes with my Linn amp] without it, all tracks played in alphabetical order.
A new line appeared in the Kazoo app called 'Minimserver' and when I select albums there they all play as they should. Horray!

But... now I add new music to the Nas it does not show under 'Minimserver'
(But it does show in the usual folder so it is definitely there)

I used the Directory /share/MUSIC when setting up Minimserver and all the new music has been added to the same place - so why can't Minim server find it. Does it somehow need to reboot, reload, re-something else to find anything new?

AND.. Why can't program writers make any of this stuff simple so this it just works 1st and every time? (Probably too philosophical so answer to main question will do - Thanks)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2021, 13:48
RE: Minimserver not finding new music
(10-06-2021 12:47)Tired of all this Wrote:  But... now I add new music to the Nas it does not show under 'Minimserver'
Does it somehow need to reboot, reload, re-something else to find anything new

Yes it does.
The following should provide more valuable information.

Reading audio files

Controlling MinimServer - Rescan

(10-06-2021 12:47)Tired of all this Wrote:  AND.. Why can't program writers make any of this stuff simple so this it just works 1st and every time?

Forgive me, but an earlier comment suggested it did work first time. Smile
10-06-2021, 14:26
RE: Minimserver not finding new music
Do you have MinimWatch running on another computer? If so, you can do the rescan from the MinimWatch menu. If not, you need to open the MinimServer configuration web page by clicking the "3 bars" icon in QNAP QTS and selecting MinimServer under Applications. On this page, click the Rescan button. The rescan is complete when MinimServer reappears in your control point.